Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May 2023

 

Most things give me anxiety.

Except for some odd reason I LOVE sorting things.
This lovely pile is brought to you by my dear Brynn who keeps hiding bins of crap under her bed.
The feeling of creating order among the chaos is so satisfying.


Last day of school.



Dallin's officially a senior.



Hike time!


Ready for the Rec Center water park.



He’s a treasure.
A teen boy in all his glory.




Who needs swimming suits???
It got awfully quiet in the house. Because they were spraying each other with the garden hose.
It escalated in the best possible way.



Dallin at the state track meet.

At the track banquet.


Justin loved the campout.


Sydney's band concert. 


Temple time. 


Quoteable Sniders

What does it mean when a big lizard runs across the road in front of you car?


A few things:
-A neighbor's turtle was missing for a few days but it was been located! Miracles! Yay for NextDoor lol.
-Our kids were complaining about their acne issues. I said, "Sorry, you have bad acne DNA from me and your dad." Then Justin said, "All of our DNA is bad." To which I replied: "EXCUSE ME???"
-Jon and I were going on a walk after dark last night, and we ran into a British guy who was lost. "How far is Buckeye?" he asked. "Uh... FAR." Anyway, after we pointed the way and he continued his trek (another five miles or so) he said, "Splendid! Cherrio!"
-School is almost out and since I work full time from home I'm thinking of having each kid be in charge of making lunch on a particular day of the week. Other than that, I have no clue how the days will go besides chores and swimming and devices and whining.


Brynn: Why do substitute teachers just let kids do what they want???
Me: Because they don’t have to deal with you every day.



Despite typing Brynn’s name for years into my phone, the talk to text doesn’t get it.
A few autocorrects for her name:
Brandon
Bruins
Bryan
Brown
Brenda
Brent



Anyone else have to organize the books they are reading based on when they’re due at the library??



Jon has perfect vision.
I cannot function without major corrective bifocal lenses.
So I’m explaining to him what blurry means. I take my glasses off.
Jon: “Can you read that thing on the wall over there?”
Carrie: “I can’t even read that Rudy’s cup next to me.”
Jon: “That’s a Dickey’s cup.”



How's this for a last-minute school project?
Fifteen minutes before we leave for school this morn.
17yo Dallin: "Hey mom... do we have any pancake batter?"
LOL
Apparently his physics class is bringing everything to make waffles only the teacher doesn't know yet.... Dallin is in charge of batter.
Anyway. He was so excited. Couldn't say no.
So now he's carrying around a huge metal water bottle full of ice and a gallon ziplock with batter. Prayers for his physics teacher.

No comments: