Friday, June 30, 2023

June 2023

 



Our two boys just left for Pioneer Trek. (Justin is less excited than Dallin).
Why???
❤️
80% of my ancestors left their old lives behind to journey west and gather with other saints in Utah so they could practice their religion in peace.
This was during the great US western migration of the 1850s and on. It’s just so freaking cool that they did this. Many of my ancestors were from England so they had a long way to go.
Spending months crossing oceans on boats and traveling on foot while pulling handcarts was not easy.
So of course we like to reenact it. I mean make our teenagers reenact it.
😁😁
It’s an opportunity for darling teenagers to connect with their ancestors and God and each other.




Reunion time!



Kannarah Falls slot canyon hike was pretty amazing. Near Cedar City, Utah







Cedar City Temple


Shakespeare festival



Vegas on the way home.




Sydney's dance recital.



Dallin's summer job at the Rec Center.


Quoteable Sniders

Parents of teens... if you've never argued about the meaning of "bruh" or whether a hot dog is a sandwich or whether cereal is soup or [insert ridiculous teenage-ism here] then just wait. You will.


My children after a dinner of tacos:
"We need more snacks!"
Me: "If you beg, I'll make cookies."
They shower me with kisses and hugs and praise and begging.
Me: "OK, I'll make them. But I need to change out of this swimming suit first."
Sydney: "MAKE IT SNAPPY!"

No comments: