Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Arizona Trip

Jon and I went on a lovely trip to Arizona. I was headed to Sedona, Arizona, to see my best friend Jen get married anyway... so we made a trip of it!

Note: I met Jen in high school when she had just moved to the U.S. from Hong Kong. We became fast friends. After high school we went our separate ways, but we always always kept in touch. We have been there for each other through the ups and downs!

DAY ONE;
Jon and I landed in Mesa and got our rental car. First things first, we did a session at the Mesa Arizona Temple.


Next we drove to Sedona, so I could go to the bridal lunch at  L'Auberge. It was fun to meet Jen's friends and catch up with her. 


Me and Jen's friend Summer.


The whole gang. Jen is in the white dress.


Jon and I had a few hours to kill in Sedona, so Jon surprised me and took me on a hike! Sedona is such a beautiful place. Red rock everywhere, a touristy main street with fun shops, and lots of stuff to do. But it's also HOT and SUNNY... if you like that sorta thing. We also walked around the shops by where the wedding was going to take place.


In the evening, we headed to Jen and Burton's Sedona house for a casual get together. Food and chatty chats. All of Jen's friends are awesome!


After that, Jon and I headed to Flagstaff, where my brother Jeffrey and his family live (their kids are so funny and cute!). Flagstaff is at a much higher elevation, so it is like night and day different from Sedona. Flagstaff is all pine trees!





DAY TWO:
The next day was crazy wedding day. So much going on! They got married at Tlaquepaque Chapel in Sedona. Oh Jen! You are beautiful!








DAY THREE:
Jen and Burton actually met on a Pink Jeep Tour (he was a driver) so they gifted us a tour! If you ever go to Sedona (which you should!) definitely take a Pink Jeep Tour. So so worth it! You get to go to places you wouldn't otherwise, plus the drivers are super funny. Always tip your drivers!


The roads can be a little bumpy and STEEP.










Awwwww!



DAY FOUR:
And finally, we took a day and went north of Flagstaff to see the Grand Canyon. You've probably seen pictures (and here is another one!) but you have to see it in person. It is jaw dropping. It's so amazing. Hard to believe what you are seeing.


I am super afraid of heights, so I tried not to get too close to edges, and was always holding onto things.


 Then, all of a sudden, clouds came rolling in. And then... HAIL. Like you wouldn't believe.

We ran like the dickens, only there isn't any shelter for quite a ways. We found a little overhang with like 12 other people... and then finally just booked it to our car.


I guess that meant we were done seeing the Grand Canyon!

No comments: