Monday, October 31, 2022

October 2022

 












Quotable Sniders

Justin, age 14: What should I dress up like for Halloween.
Me: I dunno.
Justin: A middle-life crisis?
Me: How do you dress up like that?
Justin: Dress up like you.
😂😂😂😂😂


Brynn: What’s a turd?
Me: *spits out my drink*
Brynn: Because you call Justin that a lot.
Me: It means poop. Because he’s a poop head.
Brynn: Haha. He is.
Me: Haha.
Brynn: Haha.


Dallin, age 16, at his computer ready to play a game….
Dallin: Hey mom which vehicle should I choose?
Me: Tractor.
Dallin: OK. I can modify it so it can go 100mph!
Me: Tractors can’t go that fast.
Dallin: Yeah they can! I just need to…
Me: No. They can’t.
Dallin: YES!!!
Me: NO!
Why are we like this??? Lol 😂


I’ve written two manuscripts… both middle grade contemporary fantasy. I love them. They both need revising. Which I am slowly working on. Maybe someday an agent will love them and a publisher will buy them and copies can be in my hands.
Meanwhile….
I’m 5k words into writing the novel of my heart—based on my childhood growing up on a dairy farm in the 1990s. It’s outlined! I love the process of planning it and writing it so far.
NaNoWriMo is coming up (National Novel Writing Month, where every November writers write 50k in 30 days). I decided I could work on Diary of a Farm Girl for it.
But why wait til November? The story of my heart wants to escape now. ❤️❤️
So, I’m devoting my time to writing it now. I‘ll be on social media waaaay less (I’ll still post subbing diaries, obviously, because the world needs that).
My goal is to finish the first draft before I turn 44 (what????) on Dec. 5th.
Can Carrie do it? Stay tuned….
🐄 🐄 🐄 🐄


Scene: Dinner a few nights ago
My 14-year-old food critic: MOM what sauce is on this chicken?
Me: I dunno I made it up. Stir fry something or other with soy sauce, garlic, chili paste, chicken broth, etc. etc.
My 14-year-old food critic: Well, it's good. I love it.
Me: *pretending not to care but realizes how rare of a win this is*


I did a thing today…. It took all day.
Deja vu is happening….
But Carrie, didn’t you open an antique booth in February? A vintage travel-y one?
YES I did. This is my 2nd booth! It’s bigger an right by the registers. And it’s cottage themed.
So first I painted many coats over the ugly dark red. Then I brought in half of the stuff from my garage.
I shall bring the rest tomorrow if my body allows me to walk normally. It’s a bit iffy at this point.
WHY did I do this? Person, I don’t know. It’s fun. I like it. People buy things. So why not?
Booth #32 at Brass Armadillo in Goodyear AZ
(My other booth is #721.)



Clutsy-itis was something I've been able to keep hidden.
Until getting an iPhone. And dropping it. YES I have a screen protector, but they are no match for my Clutsy-itis.
Today at the Fix It store, Jon asks: "Do you guys have a punch card?"
Fix It guy: "Oh, you've been here before?" Looks up my number. "Yup I see. How about $25 off?"
OK see ya later! lol 😂😭

No comments: