Saturday, April 30, 2022

April 2022

 

Sydney made a Dog Board Game
that may only be played with stuffed doggies as the players.
If you land on a leash you have to walk back to Start.
If you’re bad you go to the Kennel and miss a turn.


General Conference weekend means delicious snacks. 


Just a girl and her dog. 


I blinked and she grew up.


When your brother works at an adventure park.


Want to go pick up the kids? 


Waiting for the Easter Pageant.


Dinnertime!


Fan season in Phoenix.


Every single time.


A little hike with the doggie.


Easter Pageant is starting in Mesa.

Love hiking with this girl.


Yes, he actually wants a hair cut.


Easter egg hunting in Phoenix.


Mom & her husband came to visit. We visited my antique booth. Dewane said he was an antique.





Quotable Sniders

Something amazing happened
I was selected for a mentorship program.
It’s for my recently (finally) finished manuscript, The Curse of the Costume Shop, a middle grade contemporary fantasy.
Lots of zany characters, a funky (and magical) costume shop, a long history of feuding with the theater next door, and a few missing family members.
Anyway… it has a long way to get it ready to submit to an agent.
Writers write but we need help editing, ya know? The plot and the setting and the emotion and the dialogue and all the things.
Which is why this mentorship is so awesome. Plus it is free! And custom-helps me get my manuscript ready for an agent.
It’ll be like taking a few college courses for several months. I am SO EXCITED for this opportunity.
My first manuscript (Misty and the Magical Glasses Society) took me years to write and edit, and some agents have been semi-interested, but ultimately it needs more work. So eventually I’ll pick up on that again.
Plus I have chapters of like five other ideas on my computer.
The Curse of the Costume Shop is a pretty fun story.
This writing journey has been long and tedious at times, but when things like this happen, all the time spent writing, going to critique group (three), going to writing conferences…. Gives me hope that by golly, someday I’ll get published and my kids can pick up physical copies if my books.


No comments: