Finding new places to walk!
We found a little tunnel.
Every year we go look at lights. Jon is so good at finding the best spots!
Brynn got to ask Santa what she wanted for Christmas.
Reindeer.
The annual making of the wreath cookies for neighbors and ourselves. Passed down from my mom and her mom.
December means PUZZLES. They all tried keeping a piece so they could be the last one. LOL. I guess my Grandpa Kennington used to do the same thing!
Winter in AZ is soooo lovely. Perfect hiking weather.
Dallin left this for us to find. LOL
Gingerbread cookie decorating at its finest.
Jon and I spent a nigh away in Tempe. He wanted to ride the scooters.
We walked the ASU campus.
Finally, pedicures!
Every Christmas Eve, we do a Bethlehem dinner. Basically, it's stuff they would have eaten in the area back then. Like honeycomb!
Cheeses, dates, and other fun stuff.
Jon helped me make this gift for his mom. SHE LOVED IT!
Thanks Santa!
Christmas Eve jammies.
Christmas morning junk pile.
Happy 10th birthday to Sydney! She got her ears pierced.
Every New Years Eve, we taste test something! This year it was weird soda flavors.
This is my mommy.

She is the person I aspire to be. She’s strong, smart, no nonsense, and wants to learn everything. She always believes in me and encourages me. Maybe she worries a lot, but what mom doesn’t? She has a magic touch with plants to the point that a plant knows it’s won the lottery if it gets a place in her yard. Her priorities are on point and just being around her make me better. My hero is my dad.
I miss him so much. But I had an amazing 40 years with him on this earth.
Growing up on the farm, he taught me how to WORK and to pull myself together and DO THE THINGS. Like, if you want it, go get it!
Spiritually, he taught me what was most important.
He was supposed to grow old with my mom and see my kids grow up. But instead he died of Leukemia.
When he was diagnosed I couldn't handle it. Over the next many months his health went up and down and we knew we'd lose him. And he never ever complained or had a bad attitude about it.
He was joyful and grateful. He gave us each a father's blessing. He left this earth gracefully, still sad about leaving us all behind, but also excited for the next phase--seeing his mom and other loved ones and his Savior and Heavenly Parents again.
I still feel him closeby a lot. He laughs at my kids and comforts me.
Even though his earthly body failed, he's still a Super Hero to me.
What calms you and gives you peace?
For me: Piano music
Talking to a loved one
Nature
Alone time
Baths
Praying
Walking
Accomplishing something
Connecting with a loved one
Resting
What I dreamed last night:
1. I was an assistant to one of the Kardashians and she was “nice” but way too demanding.
2. I barely made it to class for a math test and I panicked because I didn’t know anything because I had spent all my time studying for other classes and no one would give me water!
Last night I dreamed:
1. The school bus was on its way! But I hadn't made the kids' lunches yet. I threw apples and other things on the counter. I fished Lay's chips out of a bag but there were only enough for two kids. I made sandwiches. We ran out the door (in the house I grew up in on the farm) and the school bus did NOT stop! Booo. Then kids were running around our driveway and the field behind the house. Apparently someone was holding a baby shower back there.
2. I attended a shindig at a nice restaurant, but only half of what we were going to eat was being made there. The rest of the food was potluck style. Lots of international dishes.
Justin (age 12) is very particular about how soft his clothes are.
He’s also been growing like a weed.
I found a pair of amazingly soft “jogger” pajama pants at Walmart and brought them home. He immediately put them on and didn’t take them off for three days.
Me: Hey Justin, I should wash those pants today.
Justin: You’ll have to take them off me first.



He has two pairs now.
Around noon today...
Me: Girls! Come downstairs!
Brynn: Is lunch served??
Do you ever hide in the garage?
WiFi / no kids / locks
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE SNIDERS!



* *
We definitely didn't anticipate 2020 turning out the way it did, but it wasn't all bad. In fact, much of it was good. We spent more time together as a family and neighbors and church members around us reached out. Even while the world seems chaotic, there are good people everywhere.
* *
We are so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, especially His atonement so we can always change and grow and become like Him, and eternal families so we can all be together forever. We have faith that things will work out and hope the best for all of you.

Brynn: I wish I could speak dog.
Brynn thought this was candy but it wasn’t so then she spit it out and wanted water, but Sydney said NO it’ll make it worse!
Jon: Raise your hand, who took a shower today?


























No comments:
Post a Comment