You know what this means??? It's almost ready to fill up!
Aaaaaand we couldn't wait for it to be full. We hopped in.
Oh my gosh we spend every evening out here!
Sydney was invited over to a friend's house where a bunch of girls made fun stuff!
Dallin hung out with his drawing friends.
More, more, more swimming!
On our way up to Brian Head, Utah, for the Kennington family reunion. We had planned it a year ago. Doctors had expected Dad not to live much longer, but he's still alive. So mom and Casey and his family are saying behind.
We rented two houses and THEY WERE AMAZING. Being up in the woods was so healing for all of us.
Silly sisters. :)
Look at this cool grown up kid.
These cousins love being together!
Yep.
Campfires, exploring, smores, cousins, creeks, getting dirty.
Sarah and I went for a walk and found some interesting old structures. LOL
The kids did a lot of crafting.
Brian Head, Utah is a fun place! Normally people come here to ski in the winter, but there were quite a few people here enjoying summer activities.
Eating amazing food.
Sydney was feeling sick, so we stayed behind at the house while everyone else went on a hike. That's when we got the call that Dad died, Friday, July 19, 2019. It was so hard, but amazing at the same time. For him to pass while most of us were together, away from it all. We could just be together.
We stopped at a few places on the drive home.
Went on a little hike in Kanab, Utah.
At a restaurant in Page, AZ.
Horseshoe Bend. So cool!
It was sooooo hot. And there were so many people. A park ranger sprayed our faces with water.
Back at home, the boys went to a local Lego store and did a derby.
Swimming lessons!
Dallin at the temple doing baptisms.
Quotable Sniders:
Pool next steps:
Wait for city to inspect the fence.
Wait for the pebble tech guys to come do the inside of the pool.
FILL IT WITH WATER.
Go over the pool rules with the kids until they can recite from memory.
Get a lesson on pool maintenance from the pool company.
Buy a pool umbrella (there is a spot for one on the baja step-- that's MY spot) and put it in.
Spend the rest of the summer in my swimming suit.
Take kids to swim lessons last week of July.
🌴💦🏊♀️
8am Mom can we swim?
9am Mom can we swim?
10am Mom can we swim?
Etc etc
Dad is watching over us now. ❤️❤️ He passed away on Friday morning while four of the siblings and our families were at a reunion we had planned a year ago. He wasn’t able to physically be there, but we know he was with us. I miss him so much.
Patty Redd Kennington
orning, July 19. I am thankful for the privilege I had to be his wife for 45 years, the five children and 20 grandchildren that have been a gift to us, and the knowledge I will be with him again and with our family forever. I am glad he is now able to fly free among the stars. Love to you eternally, my dearest Clinton. Services will be 11:00 a.m. Saturday, July 27, at the LDS Stake Center, 1705 NW 4th Ave, Ontario, Oregon, with a 9:00 a.m. family visitation.
One winter when I was probably 9 or 10, I remember finishing milking the cows after dark. It was bitter cold in Eastern Oregon that night. Dad went to turn the key on the old farm truck to take us home, but alas, the old pickup wouldn't start. We got out and together, Dad and I started walking from the milking barn to our house (about a 1/4 of a mile). I had on a warm coat, but for some reason, I didn't have gloves. My hands were freezing. Rather than criticize me for not dressing for the weather, instead Dad held my hands between his. His rough, tired hands warmed my little hands as we walked home in the dark countryside. It was a moment I will never forget. In that moment, Dad was more concerned about me than anything else in the whole word. Dad's funeral is tomorrow, and it still hasn't sunk in completely that he's gone. Probably because I've felt his presence several times since his passing. I have laughed and cried, knowing what he would say in a given situation. How when I brushed my pool the other day he would say, "You do good work, Carrie!" and I would respond, "It sure beats scrubbing cow manure." And we would laugh. How he would smile and joke at my kids. How he would be a rock in a wary world. How even when he was diagnosed with Leukemia last year, he decided he wouldn't be mad about it. His words and love are always with me. I have always believed in heaven but I can tell you that it is absolutely real. Our loved ones are all around us, cheering us on. Warming our hands whenever they are cold. Love you, Dad.
Marked Safe
from school supply shopping

No comments:
Post a Comment