Saturday, August 31, 2019

August 2019

The Flagstaff cousins came down to try out the pool.


Meet the teacher night.


Back to school! Yayyyy!



I'm by myself!!!


Happy 11th, Justin!




I love Justin's dragons.

Junie's birthday! We went up to Flagstaff over Labor Day weekend. 




Quotable Sniders:

Lest you think freelance writing and editing is all glamour... here I am at “my spot” at McDonald’s where none of my offspring or house chores can distract me. So many projects to catch up on. I feel like I lose brain focus the older I get. Or it’s just that more stuff happens.


Dallin: Hey Mom, so in Minecraft blah blah.... then you fall into the dark void.
Me: I feel like that every morning.
Dallin: ........ So then in Minecraft, blah blah blah...


Dear Crayola and other companies that make markers, Can you sell a bag of extra marker lids please? Same to the glue stick people. Thanks, Moms everywhere


As we were driving to the dentist Brynn says:
“Mom, I think Grandpa is watching us.”


Brynn: We can’t see Jesus, cause it’s fake!
Dallin, Justin, Sydney: 🤣🤣🤣
Jon: ???
Brynn: We can’t see him, it’s fake!
Jon: Oh, we can’t see Jesus, we have FAITH!


In the line on the way to Kindergarten, Brynn started talking to the kid in front of her.
"Hi! I'm Brynn. I like granola bars. I have one in my backpack. I like Mrs. Wilhite... chatter chatter chatter."


Stomach pain and generalized bowel issues are back again, so I'm going to try quitting chocolate. You guys, I'm scared, and don't anyone talk to me for a few days. 😂😂😭 (PS I already don't eat gluten, dairy, beans, beef, pork.....)


Justin is pursuing an idea he had during church 💡
A giant space creature got mad and smashed Earth and Venus together, making one planet he now calls Eanis. Naturally, there is a big crack down the middle.
How will the Earth people get on with the Venus people??? Stay tuned....


Entrepreneur Dallin told me he’s been selling Cup O Noodles at lunch.
“What’s your markup?” I asked.
“Fifty percent.”
“Hmmm, that’s pretty good.”
So this supplier got extra.


My favorite goober is 11 years old today!!!
He’s the best cuddler, Lego builder, drawer, underwater swimmer, and eater. ❤️❤️❤️


I went off chocolate for a week... and my GI issues got worse. 😂😂
Saw a naturopathic dr today. It was lovely. I’m starting a month-long cleanse, plus taking several herbs and potions.
I’ll be a witch in no time.
Hopefully a witch with a functioning digestive system! 🧙🏼‍♀️


It's weird the way grief hits you. I did a lot of "pre" grieving because we knew Dad was dying. Now that he's gone, it feels different.
Yesterday, I went to a health clinic, and I had to fill out a ton of paperwork. It asked for my medical history. Then it asked for info about my parents -- how old they are, if they had any serious health issues, and if they were still living.
It was hard to write that my dad is not living, and that he died of leukemia.
When I was talking to the doctor (naturopathic) she asked me 10 billion questions. We mostly talked about my digestive system, food sensitivities, TMI potty things, my stomach, my intestines, etc. We also talked about mental health. I've had anxiety and depression for several years, and I'm on meds for it that help a ton.
"Do you have panic attacks?" she asked.
"I haven't had any since my dad died," I said. Which felt weird coming out of my mouth. I guess I didn't consciously think about it until she asked. I hadn't had panic attacks for a while, until they started up again the weeks before dad died.
Since his death, I sort of closed up shop emotionally.
"It's ok to keep grieving. You are a mother and feel like you have to be strong all the time, but it's ok to just let it all out."
So, while there was a sense of relief about dad dying -- knowing he wasn't in pain, that we weren't in a weird holding pattern -- there are also opposite feelings. I'm ok with God being in control, and even though I don't understand everything or have enough faith, at the same time my body and my soul feel physical pain.
I had lunch with a friend today who TOTALLY understands. Thank you, friend. 



We’ve FINALLY reached stage 5 in the teenager’s weekly room cleaning.
1. Ranting about life not being fair.
2. Yelling at everyone for breathing.
3. Crying.
4. Throwing things.
5. Raking everything to the middle of the room and putting it away.

No comments: