Don Bluth theatre in Scottsdale! Yes, the Don. We got to talk to him before the show. Also, the show was hilarious!
Awwwww yeah. Backyard makeover has commenced! Mapping out the pavers.
Watching General Conference at Blaine & Sam's in Gilbert.
Jon and I took about 4 minutes to pick out the tile and pebble teck for the pool, plus the decking.
April in Phoenix is pretty stellar. We are spending lots of time outside.
The splash pads are open!
Free piano? Yes, please!
Quoteable Sniders:
Pathology results are in.
No abnormalities in my colon. I don't have to have another colonoscopy for 10 years. (THANK GOODNESS.)
Upper endoscopy is a different story. Biopsy from my stomach shows lots of inflammation.
So, what's causing it? Not sure yet.
I have an order for a celiac test. That is one probable cause.
I've been mostly gluten free for several years now, and two of my kids are gluten sensitive so... blarg.
"Since my needs have changed over my lifetime, God has communicated to me different things at different times. He has used the scriptures to counsel me about my needs, my situation, and my life. But I learned that I must go to the scriptures in order to find that counsel.
Sometimes I go to the scriptures for doctrine. Sometimes I go to the scriptures for instruction. I often go to the scriptures with the questions “What would God have me do?” or “What would He have me feel?” Invariably I find new ideas and thoughts I have never had before, and I receive inspiration, instruction, and answers to my questions that benefit me personally."
--President Henry B. Eyring
Our dirt patch, AKA backyard, is getting a makeover.
I've had the layout in my mind since we moved here a year ago and it's finally going to happen!
Yesterday the paver dudes were here. I was telling Jon what I wanted, and he was telling them in Spanish, and they were spray painting the ground. It was awesome.
Waiting on a pool rendering from the pool people.
It just so happens that my van's a/c compressor is going out and one of my kidneys is for sale. Yes, those two things are related.
Celiac test came back negative. HOWEVER in the past week being extra vigilant in eating gluten free, nearly all of my symptoms from January-April have disappeared.
Went to see Blithe Spirit tonight at the Don Bluth Front Row Theatre, yes that Don Bluth. He welcomed us to his little theatre and we talked with him for about 10 mins before the show. This little fanboy of Fievel and The Secret of NIMH was excited to talk to him about his movies.
The show was hilarious and our favorite character was Madame Arcadi, the clairvoyant.
Saw my Gastroenterologist again today. We don't meet up socially, but maybe soon.
We mostly talked about what she saw during my endoscopy a few weeks ago. I have inflammation in my stomach.
And, she said I have a hiatal hernia. Because of that, I SHOULD be having acid reflux, but I don't. Weird. Still, I'm going to be taking Nexium for two months as a precaution.
We also discussed my celiac test (negative), but decided I'm just super sensitive to gluten. I'm going to continue to avoid gluten 100% since that has literally made all the pain go away. YAY!
One year ago TODAY! We drove into Phoenix and closed on our house. We still miss our Yakima, WA and Idaho Falls, ID people, but this really feels like home!


No comments:
Post a Comment