Sunday, September 30, 2018

September 2018

Always fun to see friends! He was in Justin's class in Idaho. Also, we knew their family from back in Yakima! They were on their way through for a BYU game. 


 Brynn the climber.


 Sydney and Brynn made this little dog habitat under the dining table.


 Justin had to pick an instrument for band... he picked the trombone!

 I finally finally finally FINALLY finished a manuscript I was working on! A team of BYU students will be editing it for a class. :)


 Sharon had knee replacement surgery! Everything went great and she's recovering well.


 My dad was diagnosed with leukemia. It came out of nowhere and shocked us all. But we are grateful he went into the ER when he did. 


The man is very proactive about taking care of himself. And mom is always right by his side.


Quotable Sniders:
I just had a random memory pop in my head. When Jon Snider and I were engaged, I was living with my roommate June Nakajima Woodall in the basement of an old house in Yakima, WA. Above us lived a medical student who was on rotations. We waved to each other in passing, but mostly she wasn't home. Then one day she stopped me. She said, "I just have to tell you that it is SO NICE to come home and hear you guys laughing your heads off downstairs." ðŸ˜‚ While marriage and having kids can be very challenging, and we've certainly had our ups and downs, I can say that the laughter has never stopped. I really don't think I could get through life without Jon Snider making me laugh my head off all the time.


First "behavior" email of the year from the school. Either Justin held it together all this time, or they're way more tolerant than previous schools....


Walmart employee: "So... you don't eat dairy?"
Me: "Nope. No ice cream...."
Walmart employee: "What Do You Do When You're Sad???!"



Justin: "Siri, you're not my friend."
Siri: "But... but... but...."
Justin: "Butts are for sitting."
Siri: "That's not nice!" 




Scene: Junior High carpool
**Me: changing radio stations searching for a good song.*
Girl: "STOP! I love this song!"
Me: "What? This song is from the 1980s. How in the world...."
ALL THE KIDS: "STRANGER THINGS!!!!"

Thank you, Stranger Things, for making our growing up culture cool for our kids.

Please teach your children to be respectful, especially if they go to live theatre. Teach them about how hard the actors worked, how many hours the musicians practiced, and how much the other patrons look forward to going. Teach them not to giggle and make out behind me or to bring loud smelly food in or put their feet on our seats or to belch loudly.(Yes this really happened!) We shushed them several times because they were so disrespectful and inappropriate, and yet they persisted. Some other angelic person alerted an official, who made them move and sat with them to make sure they behaved. I wish I could convey to them how much theatre means to my family and to so many people I love!

Yesterday there was a lockdown at Dallin's school. The kids were all fine (some people were arrested in the parking lot and weren't associated with the school at all). On the way home Dallin told me their lockdown procedure. Then he asked, "Mom what was your lockdown procedure when you were in school?" My heart sunk. "We didn't have a lockdown procedure. We didn't have school shootings back then."

Siri keeps telling me to dress up like s'mores for Halloween, but I'm like, NO seriously, GIVE ME OTHER IDEAS SIRI. But she just says, "Nope. You will dress up like S'mores." Is she right? Maybe she can see me and knows my soul must do this.... I must succumb to Siri's all-knowing powers.

My dad was diagnosed with leukemia. Somehow the world has kept turning even though it feels like it should have stopped. He's a strong farmer and super dad who is supposed to live forever. Would appreciate any prayers on his behalf and for mom also.

I almost had a meltdown in JoAnn's today. But a nice lady with purple hair and purple glasses (my favorite color) was so kind to me. She will never know what that really meant to me. You never know what someone is going through and how much they need your kindness. I know my Heavenly Father sees us and sends people our way right when we need them.

Update on Clint: Dr. Mark Christenson in Fruitland and Dr. Williams in Boise say his numbers are looking good. Proceeding normally. The bone marrow biopsy results are in, and the gene marker they were looking for is not there, fortunately. Clint had a bad day Friday but yesterday he got some good sleep in and was looking better. The chemo ends by Tuesday, so after that he will be able to leave the 4th floor and even go outside! Hopefully his bone marrow will start working again and producing red blood cells, normal white blood cells and platelets, so they will be watching for that. We are feeling blessed. Thank you for having us in your prayers.

No comments: