Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 2014

We took a quick trip over to Meridian, Idaho, to see Casey Kennington! He's been in Germany since 2008, so we hadn't seen him in a while. He had come over for a conference in Seattle and hopped over to Boise to see us.





 We also went to Cameron Hurst's baptism in Ammon, Idaho. It was fun to see Grandpa Hugh Kennington, Aunt Heidi, and other family.



Here's what else happened in September 2013:

Justin started 1st grade and Dallin started 3rd grade at Westside.

Brynn isn't sure why this doll is there.

Fall soccer! Dallin's first game in Idaho Falls.

Rosewood Ward Carnival -- with a bouncy house.

Sister time!


Quotable Sniders

Justin--dressed in a western shirt and holding his green plastic gun--announced that he is the Sheriff for our house. This should get interesting.

Dallin: Mom is the boss of the whole world.
We raised him right.

As a writer, when I'm in "gathering info" mode, my brain gets so full, it feels like there is a 3-ring circus performing under a waterfall of complex words. Then I begin writing, and the fullness in my brain is transferred to the page. By the time deadline hits (noon today), my brain will be completely empty. What a happy thought.

Passed my Idaho residency test.... I just gleaned some potatoes from a field! 

Just had a charming rendition of "Do You Want to Build a Snowman," performed by Sydney, with full range of emotions.

Every time we go to the playground, Sydney somehow finagles another girl into pushing her on the swing. 

Doctor: "Little Brynn is just about perfect!" (Duh)

Idaho Falls LDS Temple and Costa Vida fake Mexican food day with Jon Snider. My fave!

Sydney (age 3): I'm mixing the lemonade, mom. It turns like a toilet.

Sneakily packing up the boys' shorts while they are at school....

On my boys' back to school list: snow pants. They might have to use them soon. Brrrr!

I keep hearing the pitter patter of little feet.... into to the kitchen and over to the rice crispie treats. 

Sydney snuck the Melaleuca gel out of my purse. I only know because it smells like Melaleuca around here. She tells me she'll give it to me "tomorrow" .... off to sniff around the house.

Sydney is making "paper mommy" out of scrap papers and telling me how beautiful I am. Awwwww!

Smith's is having its awesome case lot sale again! Which means I need to face reality and get 3-4 cases of peanut butter instead of just 1.

Justin tried to smuggle an entire lego set to his first day of 1st grade. *Sigh* Here we go.

At a restaurant earlier today...
Justin: I'm so cold. I need my blanket.
Mom: You didn't bring your blanket.
Dallin: We could hug!


No comments: