Friday, October 31, 2014

October 2014


We had quite an eventful month. Jon had been dealing with on-again, off-again stomach area pain for quite a while. He went to a doc in Idaho Falls who gave him stuff to treat his esophagus. Then on October 18, his pain was so intense I took him to the ER (Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center). We dropped off Justin at the Halls, Sydney at the Buterworths, and Dallin at the Jenkins. Brynn came with us. We were in the waiting room for a long time until he finally got a room and was hooked up to morphine. He was so much happier. 

Just about then, I got a call from Kami Jenkins. Dallin had fallen out of a tree and broken his arm! So she took him to the Medi Center, but they told him to come to the ER. So there I was, with a baby in my arms and my oldest boy and my husband in pain. I literally ran back and forth between their rooms because they needed me for this, or needed to tell me this. Thankfully Kami stayed and held Brynn for quite a while. Dallin was amazingly calm! They reset his bone and wrapped it. He got to see Jon really quickly before Kami took him home. 

After a CT scan they figured out Jon needed gall bladder surgery right away. So we waited for the doctor to come out of his current surgery so he could do Jon's. We headed upstairs. I waited in Jon's recovery room with Brynn, who was an angel and slept in her carseat. It was a long wait, but they eventually brought Jon back and surgery had gone fine. I finally made it home at 2am.

So then came the task of caring for two males, one who wasn't very mobile for almost a week, and the other who I just had to keep slowed down. And lots of doctor visits, and etc. Phew!



Here is what else happened in October:
Brynn is very very friendly!
 
The kids dressed up for Halloween and went trick or treating around the neighborhood. There is Doc McStuffins, a soccer player, a skeleton, and a baby dragon.

The boys like to play with the iPad photo app.


Quotable Sniders

Trick or treater count at our old house in WA: 0-3 per year.
Trick or treater count at our our new house in ID: 100 billion

It isn't Halloween at the Snider house without some chili in the crockpot.

Three-year-old with the iPad.
1. "Pumpkin, say cheeeese!" x100 photos with various filters
2. "Siri, where are you?" Siri says, "This is about you."
3. "Siri, pickles, pickles!!!" Siri says, "I think I got it."

All of my kids are morning people. I'm not sure how this gene mutation occurred.

Justin, age 6: "Is it Halloween already in Yakima?" ... Hehe a 6-day time difference from Idaho to Washington?

Sydney, age 3: Grandpa is going to get me a robot pumpkin. ??

I am grateful for a lot of things, mostly that my family is all home safe, even though we are just vegging. It's the simple things in life that make it worthwhile.

A little post op humor.... we show our love with sarcasm. smile emoticon
Me: Well then I won't refill your ice water!
Jon: You just did. HA!
Me: Then I'll go dump it out...

My boys won't quit giggling during homework. Justin insists on turning his spelling word "leg" into "lego" and doodling cars around the fill-in-the-blank circles.

Heading to the hospital to pick up Jon Snider and bring him HOME! Yayyyy!

Last night, after Dallin's bone was re-set and the drugs were wearing off, I was trying to make him laugh. "Hey, they took a picture of daddy. Guess why his stomach hurts? There is an alien in there." He laughed. Mommy score.

Doc: "Worst gall bladder I've ever seen." Jon deserves a medal.

Jon is wheeling off to gall bladder surgery. Dallin is recovering from a broken arm. So thankful for many who helped us and for modern medicine. Crazy day.

Dallin: Hey mom, this steam engine was invented in 1829. Is that after you were born???
Me: Hahahahahaha.

Me: What is that picture you drew? (A bunch of circles.)
Sydney, age 3: They are trampolines for flies.

Dallin wants you all to know it takes 1,290 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop.

Best thing I've heard all day --- from Dallin's teacher: "He is quite a little writer." #‎PassingOnTheSkills‬

After eating meatballs the other night.....
Justin, age 6: They came apart in my mouth, then they found each other again in my tummy. Now they are one BIG meatball! *As he shows us his large tummy.*

Chore time has somehow turned into some sort of Hide-N-Seek with lasers game. ‪#‎NoControl‬

Picked some apples --> made applesauce --> made into applesauce pancakes. ‪#‎FeelingFarmy‬

Sydney: "Mom, I want to watch Ses-tah-may-tee Street." (Sesame Street)

After a month of issue after issue with my order... Overstock has redeemed itself. They wrote me an apology email, signed me up for a free membership to their O Club (what does that mean?) and offered a $45 credit toward my next purchase. Wow! I am impressed.

Sydney, age 3: Mom, I want to watch a show on your bed. Or two shows. Or five. ‪#‎LearningNumbers‬

Our 6-year-old to all the random kids at the park: "My name's Justin.... but NOT Justin Bieber." Thanks for clearing that up.

Reed's Dairy by our house makes this thing called Snickerdoodle ice cream. SNICKERDOODLE ICE CREAM! I had some last night. It was beautiful.

Every 6 months us Mormons sit in our pajamas and listen to our prophet and apostles speak via TV. It is so awesome. To help our little kids listen, they get a piece of candy if they hear words we picked out: Faith, Love, Temple, Jesus. So far, Jesus is winning by A LOT. And the kids are hopped up on sugar.

I just want to thank the nice lady at the library and the other nice lady at Walmart for holding baby Brynn while I checked out. There really are loving people all around us.

 

No comments: