Saturday, November 30, 2013

November 2013

We spent Thanksgiving at Grandpa & Gradma's (Dennis &4 Pam Snider). Here is what we did the rest of the month:



 Dallin talked to Great Grandpa Kennington about his war service for a school star.

Sydney made a potato river in the kitchen.

Dallin had a meltdown in his bedroom.

The boys' principal dressed up like a super hero and read a book from the roof!

Jon went on a campout with the Boy Scouts.



Dallin wrote a letter to Santa.... he wants an Ironman blanket, a Spiderman blanket, a Hot Wheels blanket, etc. etc..... I asked him to narrow it down to ONE to be nice to Santa (and the sewing machine).

The best part about Thanksgiving (besides the food) was talking to Jon's dad about what it was like in the Vietnam War. Amazing.

It's that time of year when Jon watches the Paula Deen video on how to cook a chocolate pecan pie and then gets busy in the kitchen. YUMMMMM

I don't like pumpkin pie. Does that make me un-American?

My kids typically don't show any indication that they miss me when I'm gone..... but today when I was leaving the school after "special person lunch" Justin cried. It was the sweetest thing ever.

Me: I am almost caught up with dishes!!! (big accomplishment) Jon: Ok, I'll go make some more dirty ones for you. Ha haaa. Sooo funny. :)

Sydney is trying to figure out what a "Snider" is.... does anyone know? :p

Whenever I enter a bathroom OR bend over my body is all like.... Ohhh it must be time to puke! Yay-ness! This baby better be cute....

One of the requirements for Boy Scouts is winter camping..... sorry Jon! Have fun in the freeeeeeezing cold with a bunch of weird teenage boys.

Dallin is drawing plans to make a telescope with cardboard and mirrors, Sydney is pretending to blow bubbles, and Justin is wreaking havoc in his Batman costume. A pretty typical evening.

I have a serious pregnancy craving for Jello. Is that better or worse than my cravings for Hot Pockets?

At dinner Justin tried to quietly plop all of his onions into his cup of water, but he was not fast enough for mom's stealth-y moves...

Living at the dentist this week..... Dallin = 4 braces to move a molar, pull a tooth, get a spacer specially made and then installed.... I didn't know it was possible, but his genes call for one random adult molar to never grow in. You know when you stump the dental hygienists and they call for the Dr. 3x that your kid has a special mouth.

Jon: Oh my gosh honey, you're taking up like half the bed!!! Carrie: Uh.... shouldn't I get half??? lol
.
I went to three tattoo shops today.... but only came home with photos and interview notes. :)

Dallin: What will you do when ALL the kids are in school? Me: Run around the house dancing and singing.

6 things you may not know about me.... 1. I think cantaloupe is super nasty. 2. My favorite color changes usually every year or so. 3. I have a very insane fear of heights -- but I love flying in commercial airplanes and used to fly a lot for a job. 4. I dream most every night, usually multiple very vivid dreams. 5. I love traveling -- road trips, across the country, seriously, I will go anywhere. I crave new experiences. 6. I can't roller skate. CAN'T. To me roller skating is like a form of torture.

It seems the 2nd Tooth Fairy in the house padded the 1st Tooth Fairy's contribution. Winner = Dallin!

While I was pregnantly "hugging the toilet" Sunday evening, my darling husband entertained the kids, made dinner, and put them in bed. And he does a million other things for me everyday. Because of him, I can handle 6 more months. :)

Google really does know everything: Why does my 7 year old whine and what to do about it.

Our cat snores almost as loud as Jon. *sigh

Carrie Snider updated her status.
Justin: Hey mom, they should have "kid cars" where the kids sit up front and the moms & dads sit in back.

Justin (age 5): Whenever I say stuff, (insert girl name here) laughs. She thinks I'm funny. Oh, it's already starting....

FYI... headbands can also be used to cover your nose if you have to cook or wash dishes (and have super duper pregnancy nose).

Ultrasound today.... due date is May 25! Only ONE baby in there. :) Gender ultrasound probably late Dec/early Jan.

Dallin: Why doesn't everyone have the same last names, since we all came from Adam and Eve? Me: Uh..... (crickets chirping)...... they didn't invent last names until.... whenever.

My 7-year-old is giving me tips on how to avoid throwing up (due to morning sickness). "Just swallow it, mom." Yeah..... blek!

My kids have run out of the "good" Halloween candy. Booo!

When you get your hair caught in your car door.... it's time for a haircut. Goodbye three inches!

Justin: Hey mom, we were playing cowboys. Me: What do cowboys do? Justin: Kill zombies!!!!

Jon Snider turned back the boys' clock.... hopefully it works and they sleep in.

Yesterday I was interviewing a local jewelry maker for the newspaper. While we were in her studio, her dog emptied the contents of my purse onto the floor. "I'm so sorry! Bad dog," the lady said. "Oh don't worry, my kids do it all the time."

No comments: