Sydney got a haircut! She looked like a little flapper.
Dallin has been begging for a long time to be part of a "real" soccer team. He finally got his wish!
Our yearly tradition! Pressing apples with the Hammonds.
Daddy's yearly creations.
Quotable Sniders
When I'm feeling the pregnancy sickies, it's Jon's job to distract me by being funny or showing me silly YouTube videos. He's really good at his job. :)
Me: Justin, your shirt is inside and backwards. Justin (age 5): But I WANT it inside out and backwards.
Very, very specific cravings this pregnancy: Cookie Crisp cereal, orange juice, chicken sourdough Jack, meatball marinara sub.... the list goes on.
Should have bought stock in Tums, crackers, and Popsicles...... Snider baby #4 is coming May 2014! Got to see the little rugrat today via ultrasound. :) We are very excited! Justin wants to name it Slurpee.
My happy-go-lucky first-born has turned into a whiny, whiny, whiny, whiny 7-year-old. Time to start the molding process (chores, whine mockery, etc.).
At book club today we decided that Yakima should have a water park! (We did talk about the book, too.)
Two-year-old is starting to wind down from her rude "I want cheese NOW!!" metldown. We'll just see whose will is stronger (mine).
My sweet little Kindergartener counting to 100..... "Fur-ty four, fur-ty five, fur-ty six, fur-ty seven....." I felt bad laughing at him but he didn't seem to mind.
Jon: Who is that singing with Pink? (song on radio) Carrie: fun. Jon: That's a GUY???
I asked the boys if they knew any Halloween songs, and they said no.... but then Sydney suddenly made up one: "Halloweeeeeeen, Halloweeeeeeen...."
I asked the kids to come up with dinner ideas for the next week. They said: spaghetti with meatballs, hot dogs, pizza, curly fries, and CHEESE (two votes).
My parents are done with training at the MTC in Provo, Utah, and are flying out to Chile tomorrow!!! Get ready South America, here they come!
A very "vocally unique" owl has taken residence in a tree right outside our bedroom window. It likes to "whooooo" right as I go to sleep.
Yakima friends -- if you like seafood there is a new little hole-in-the-wall restaurant at Pine Street and Third Street. I had the garlic shrimp, but I hear their bacon-wrapped shrimp is "to die for."
It's that time of year when I break out my sewing machine to get started on Christmas presents for my kids. What should I make this year? (Last year it was superhero capes and Spiderman pillows.)
I am not a huge fan of huge lens flairs and the 1970s filters in photos. Am I the only one? Am I just not hip?
Typical evening at our house... Jon: Honey, I'm trying to have a serious conversation. Carrie: You've never had a serious conversation in your life.
On hold for two hours just to have a 10 minute conversation. Government! :)
Watching some of the early episodes of The Walking Dead to get ready for the next season..... late last night I actually looked outside for zombies. Didn't see any.
Justin (age 5) just tried to blame the cat for "eating Sydney's eggs...." I should at least give him points for creativity. (But take away points for evidence, because he still had egg on his face.)
Whenever I go to take a photo for the newspaper, there is always some wise guy who tries to give me a fake name for the caption....
Carrie Snider updated her status.
Idea for a new law: if Congress forces a shutdown, then THEY are the ones who have to work without pay.... until they come to an agreement. I bet they would be more willing to work together.

No comments:
Post a Comment