I really, really love my yard. I've added so many flowers!
I need front teeth!
Tired dinosaur.
Yakima Third Ward ladies activity.
Quotable Sniders
Book Club was so fun today... as an added bonus, we got to meet and talk with the author!
Mother Nature is about to go through menopause.... we've enjoyed a rainy "summer" so far in the 60s and 70s and all of a sudden next week we are skipping up to the 100s. Oh joy.
Dallin: "We're playing Jurassic Park.... Justin is the raptor and I'm the paleontologist."
Dallin followed me around the whole yard and then in the house today... "What do aphids eat? Did you know that we have 17 day lilies? Hey mom, do aphids only eat roses? ........"
Working from home is semi-glamorous until you get sick. (No paid sick days.)
Played Simon Says for Family Home Evening tonight. I get a kick out of making my kids act like kittens and then hug each other.
Today is bug and slug day..... sigh. "Mom, look! Dinosaur slugs! "Mom, look at the lady bug ecosystem I made!"
The kids have an unwritten rule that as soon as they wake up, they come into our room and say, "Good morning!" which can also be interpreted as, "You'd better get up fast and feed me, otherwise I'm going to ransack the kitchen."
Our new oven just arrived!!!! I haven't baked in months... what should be the FIRST thing I bake in it??
Justin: Sydney, you made a mess! Now you have to do a chore! (Oh how I have taught them well... lol)
Someone in D.C. just told me I have a "west coast" accent.... I said, "Thank you." lol
Retirement is looking good right now (working every waking minute).
5.2 seconds.... the time it took for me to recognize that Jon had turned on The Gods Must Be Crazy (Netflix) in the other room. I think we wore out the tape at my grandma's house as kids.
"Who left an earthworm on the counter? Worms belong outside." (Summer days with little boys.)
Dallin started tennis lessons last week... secretly I just wanted someone to play tennis with, but as it turns out, he's a natural and loves to play!
Some see Jon Snider sing and dance!! With a beard!
I was in the bathroom when everyone came upstairs after quiet time. "Where is mom?" the boys asked. "She left and is never coming back," Jon said jokingly. Justin didn't seem sad, but Dallin was. They were happy when they heard the toilet flush, but I had a little chat with Justin. "Wouldn't you miss mommy's cuddles and food?" To which Justin said, "Oh daddy can do it." Then I asked, "But who would stay home with you all day?" He had another quick reply, "We would go to work with daddy." Sheesh. At least he's confident in daddy's abilities. :)
It's yard sale heaven in Yakima today.
The kids want to have a wedding tomorrow between Sydney's bear and Justin's dinosaur. All the other stuffed animals are invited. So much to plan!!!
Me: What should we give your teacher as a thank you gift? Dallin: Flowers. :) We picked roses and lavender from our yard today. I think Dallin is on the right track to winning over women's hearts.
One man showing of Fiddler on the Roof at our house right now ... Jon Snider, you've come a long way from your one man show of Beauty and the Beast as a kid! (Am I right, Teresa Watkins Shea Marianne A Edwards Margo E Campbell Jennifer Gutteridge?)
Two bags of off-brand Otter Pops in one week.... it's officially summer!
Finished one of the most stressful times of my life -- negotiating and renegotiating my work contract with the publisher I work for. Sheesh. Good thing I have practice negotiating with me kids -- they are just as tough. :)
I never heard apricots called "Cots" until I moved to Yakima. I love living where there is so much fresh produce!
Dallin told me this summer he wants to learn about muscles, the skeletal system, the heart, lungs, hurricanes, volcanoes, earthquakes, and car engines.
I spoke with a dairyman today about this case (he's not involved). He said they didn't even test whether the wells were structurally sound or not (and nitrates come from more than just manure). Also there are so many laws dairymen have to abide by to keep manure on their land. And the question as to whether manure is a useful product? Uh... don't any members of CARE (opposing side) have gardens??? The opposing side just baffles me.
Dallin got Student of the Month for May. He is such a great kid. :)
No one else in our house has developed any symptoms strep throat..... hopefully that means we are in the clear!!!
Random guy stopped his car next to our house (busy street), jumped out and opened his doors.... a police officer was passing and turned around to help him. Turned out a black scorpion was in the guy's car. What the...? I've never seen one before. Anyway, the officer helped him capture it in a box, and then the guy said, "You want it?" The officer said, "NO!!!! What would I do with a scorpion? But I'll go release it in the hills if you want..."
The neighbor boys have set up a large folding table and are jumping off of it, doing flips into a pile of blankets.
Today has been brought to you by hand sanitizer, Lysol disinfecting spray, many loads of laundry, hot showers, new toothbrushes, and prayers that this strep bug won't keep re-infecting....
And the Snider Ailments of 2013 continue..... Dallin and I both have strep throat. Penicillin shots HURT!!!!!!! But very thankful for insurance and modern medicine.
Jon and I watched Lambert the Sheepish Lion via Netflix.... without the kids.
Two bbq's this weekend... time to put on my sweatpants.
Yakima friends -- tomorrow (Sunday) is the last day to visit Messiah's Mansion, a life-sized replica of the ancient Hebrew tabernacle from the Bible. It takes about an hour to go through the tour. It is free! It's open from 1-7pm. It has been traveling around the U.S.



No comments:
Post a Comment