Friday, May 31, 2013

May 2013

(See photos from April.... we spent time at the farm both months.)



Quotable Sniders

I gave Jon a budget at Costco and he went 47 cents over! Sheessssh! :)

Justin's like, it's my turn for yet more medical maladies! (Cue a full body fever.....) Ok 2013, you win!

Not wanting to be left out of our family's interesting year of medical issues.... it's Dallin's turn! One of Dallin's back permanent teeth is coming in sideways and is completely pushing on the baby tooth next door. Waiting to see what the dentist needs to do (maybe some pulling and yanking). As my dad would say, "Time to get out the pliers!"

I just witnessed Patty Redd Kennington throwing out four boxes of books. If you know her attachment to books (as evident by her having multiple copies of some books), you know this was an epic moment. Thank goodness we got her that Kindle for Christmas.

Last night as we were moving our couch into the garage, some nice guys were walking by and offered to help us move it. See? There are "normal" people in Yakima.

It looks like we are moving, but we are actually prepping to have our hardwood floors refinished!! Woot woot! We've been waiting about seven years for this... :)

"Don't close that browser, I need to harvest my tomatoes." haha Jon Snider

"Carrie, you're my favorite Caucasian." --@Ciara Saunders

Real time seems to go faster than the time clock in my head.

I tried to keep Dallin emotionally stable while Jon Snider tied thread around Dallin's front tooth and yanked it out. Who had the harder job? :p

When I edit a manuscript, I get so sucked into the story that I dream about it and find it hard to face reality until I'm done.

Yakima friends... Dallin is begging to be on a soccer team... he is 7. What teams/programs are there in the valley? I love to play but only know basics.

Week six of giving piano lessons to a nice lady who doesn't speak much English. We totally Spanglish to each other the entire time.

I am so grateful that Mother Nature's week-long hot flash is over. Too many hormones?

My parents got their mission call to Chile!!! I am so happy for them!!!

It sounds like my kids are screaming... but maybe they are just prepping for some voice work.

It's Sunday night... which means full body wrestling in order to clean Justin's ears.

Something about my voice (when I am telling them to clean their room) makes my kids just stand still and stare into space... I wish I could work that magic when we are at the grocery store.

Kids have put on their "swimming soups" and their "swimming gobbles" which means the sprinklers are ON.

Jen Nicomedes: Hey friend, just wanted to say how grateful I am of our friendship -- almost 20 year strong! Thanks for always being available despite your loaded schedule :) I can't wait to see you again!

What are your favorite popsicles (or "sicle" as Sydney calls them)?

I've worked many different places, from the farm to the funeral home to numerous newsrooms... by far the most exciting, frustrating, rewarding, hilarious, and all-encompassing job I've ever is right here at home with my sweet little babies (gotta go.. they are screaming).

I should just wear a bathrobe to hot yoga, seeing as I sweat so profusely...

How is everyone liking this July weather??? (supposed to be 91 in Yakima tomorrow...)

True love = when you've had a bad day, you're out of chocolate... and you don't even have to tell your husband what to get you at the store (because he knows).

Making Jon Snider's favorite, arroz con menestra -- an Ecuadorian dish.

Putting kids to bed is like herding chickens. If you have tried one or both, you know what I mean (it is almost impossible.... because they scatter).

Can you believe it's been 9 years since Jon Snider has been in a musical? He just got a part in Fiddler... show dates are in July. :)

Last night our 4-year-old Justin had pain on the outside of his ear; sure enough, there was a lovely spider bite. He got a little puffy in his face and had an itchy neck, so we gave him benadryl. A normal kid would have been knocked out -- not Justin. He was up off and on all night crying. Finally at 6am he popped out of bed completely better. Meanwhile, I am a zombie.

Earning My Motherhood -- holding Sydney while she pukes all over me.

Patty Redd Kennington:I gave up hunting for Clint's glasses prescription and finally got Dr. Easly to sign a new one. Just found the old one in the closet of the bedroom where Dallin and Justin were sleeping -- along with a bunch of colored pencils. Nice job Justin!
Jon just asked me what decade it is. Methinks he is sleep talking again!

No comments: