Monday, December 31, 2012

December 2012

Happy Birthday Carrie! She is 34 this year.

Happy Birthday Sydney! She is 2 this year.

Christmas was so much fun. The kids jumped up and down and could barely handle the excitement!!


BEFORE

AFTER
 Sydney's new cape and tutu.

 
 

Snowman!

At the Robertson Elementary Winter Program. 

Jon requested a jean quilt, so I made one for him for Christmas. He used it right away.
 



Quotable Sniders

My kids are doing a hilarious interpretive dance to Bruno Mars! lol

Can I do it??? Five-day juice diet starting tomorrow. I've been juicing my breakfast religiously for a month. I think I can do all meals for five days. I'm not crazy enough to do 60 days like Joe Cross (Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead documentary). He had 100 pounds to lose, I just want to detox from Christmas. :p

I love playing "guess that obscure vegetable" with the grocery checkout clerks!

Caution -- we now have a 2-year-old in our house!!! Akk! Happy Birthday, Sydney!

Les Mis was an amazing movie. The story is about justice and mercy and major life decisions. The characters are so interwoven and dependent on each other. The acting and singing was superb, and the music is just incredible! A very emotional flick.

I have had many wonderful Christmases in my lifetime, but this year seemed the most special so far. Watching my three children so excited for everything, and then teaching them what Christmas is truly about, made it so sweet and wonderful.

It's a Christmas miracle! The young teller at the bank called me "Miss" instead of "Ma'am." He totally made my day.

Stayed up until 2am making reversible Batman/Superman capes for the boys... only 3 projects to go!!!

I recently started working for different publishing company, All Classic Books. My job is similar -- I still work from home, and I still manage a team of editors, which I really love to do. I am really excited about the manuscripts we will be publishing!
.
Redecorated the tree since half of the ornaments mysteriously ended up under the couch....

Some rude person knocked over the boys' snowman. Someday we won't live on a busy street.

Dallin used half a roll of tape and a ton of wrapping paper to wrap a purple cape for Sydney... a little elf has gotta start somewhere!

Dallin told the lady at the post office that he was 6 and 3/4 years old.... thanks Jon for teaching him fractions using a photo of a pizza! :)

Classic Jon Snider.... out shoveling snow in his FLIP FLOPS!

I've been juicing my breakfast (usually an orange, apple, celery stalk and carrot) every morning for two weeks now.... I've lost another pound!!!

Spent all my money at JoAnn's... now it's time to sew my way to Christmas!!

Stealth Mom Shopping = hiding a Christmas present from a child while they are right there as you buy it! I am good! :)

How do I tell my kids that there are some very, very bad people in this world... so bad that they would kill others, even kids?? Arrrg. I am mad and sad for those in CT suffering.

Lucy: I never eat December snowflakes -- I always wait until January. Linus: They sure look ripe to me!

Thanks to The Walking Dead.... I now want a gun, lots of ammo, and some knives in our emergency kits!

I just can't listen to techno Christmas music. That means no "Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney and no Mannheim Steamroller!! Sorry Patty Redd Kennington!

I love that my grandma Redd-Fox is old school and addresses my birthday card to "Mrs. Jon Snider" ......

So our gingerbread houses don't fall over again this year... does anyone have a good frosting recipe that will hold like cement?

Justin snuck into the kitchen and bit off 1/3 of the block of cheese in about two seconds. Oh no worries, I'm not mad or anything. #lying

Where do you hide the Christmas gifts so the kids don't find them? Our 1930s house didn't come with much storage space.... maybe it's time to venture into the dusty attic space.

The kids kept asking when Daddy would get home so they could decorate the tree!

Day three of juicing my breakfast (apple, orange, celery, carrot, etc.). Lost another pound!

"I hate this show!!! Let's watch another episode." -Me to Jon last night, watching The Walking Dead.

Dallin just made a map and clues for me.... a scavenger hunt to find my PURSE! I'm not sure where my kids have learned their sneakiness...
.
What should I get Jon Snider for Christmas? He is the hardest person to shop for.

No comments: