Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013

 Justin broke his clavicle falling on ice at the school playground while we were picking up Dallin. As you can see, it hasn't slowed him down AT ALL.

(Edited to add: He broke his other clavicle a month later jumping in his room.)





Quotable Sniders

Seven years ago tonight.... I was admitted to the hospital with pre-eclampsia, and then the next day delivered our sweet baby Dallin! He was born 6 weeks early, spent 10 days in the hospital, but even from the moment he was born, he was the most happy-go-lucky kid. We love our Dallin!!

When I was 29: I lived in: Yakima, WA I was married to: Jon Snider I drove a: Toyota Corolla I feared: being a full-time stay at home mom I worked at: home for American Book Publishing My kids were: 3 and a few months old I wanted to be: skinny! Now I am: 34 I live in: Yakima, WA I am married to: Jon Snider I drive: Ford Windstar I fear: health issues I work at: home for All Classic Books My kids are: 7, 4, 2 I want to be: less worried & more laid back Like and I'll give you an age to do!

I took Justin to the doctor for a follow up (broken collar bone)... he was climbing everything and running his car on every surface, then his nose was running and he wouldn't stand still... "What a goober," I said. Then the doctor confirmed it: "Yes, he is a GOOBER."

Meanwhile, in Yakima..... some guy's drive line from his pick up randomly fell (THUNK!!! Plop thunk!!!) onto the road while I was picking up Dallin from school. How does that happen???

From the movie The Lorax..... The Once-ler: When a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl.

Based on a one-meal research study, only children under 2 years old like brussel sprouts. When I say "like," I mean = she eats hers and everyone else's!

For your 1-4th grader.... what are his/her favorite books or book series?

Happy 7th Anniversary of us buying our sweet little cottage!!

Justin (age 4): Mom, when are we going to have a baby? A baby boy this time. Me: I don't know. What would you name him? Justin: Dallin.... or Joey...... or baby Jesus.

My 4-year-old drew a photo of himself and wrote his name next to it. Then he told me to tape it up by the kitchen so he'll "stay out" like mommy keeps telling him. It was such a sweet gesture.... if only it would work. :)

Tired of the coughy coughs that won't go away!

For work, I am editing a book about a mysterious old book that talks. I edited a few chapters and gave the author some suggestions. He totally stroked my ego and told me what a great editor I was. You can bet I'll keep giving him my best effort!

"The water bill should be low this time because you hardly ever do laundry." -said my loving husband. If you see Jon Snider today you have my permission to whack him upside the head! He was kidding, but still give him a whack for good measure. :)

You know your husband is obsessed with the Les Mis soundtrack when... your kids start humming the songs even when they're not playing!

The movie 17 Miracles, which is about the Willie Handcart Company, is an amazing, heart-wrenching movie. It's about a group of Mormons who crossed the plains, what they were faced with (starvation, harsh conditions, wolves, etc.), but also how God blessed them along the way.

Casey Redd Kennington: Hey Carrie, we've been meaning to ask you what kind of chocolate you can eat so we can send you some. Can you eat dark chocolate? What % cocoa? Can you eat nuts or anything in them?
Gluten-free friends -- I found rice flour at my local Albertson's for $1.79 for 2.5 lbs! The secret -- it's in the Mexican food isle.

After three days at home sick, Dallin is back at school today. Yeaaah! But now there is a grown man who is sick at home..... oh mercy me.

Every time Sydney (age 2) randomly changes her pants, it's only fair that I get a cup of hot cocoa. Today = 4x

My kids wanted cereal for lunch, so I was like.... oh I guess so! I really wanted to cook! :p

Dallin is home from school today and requested to watch Rick's Restorations (you know mom, that show where they take old stuff and make it nice). He is just like his daddy!

It's never good when "ice pellets" are in the weather forecast!

Does your husband make you watch random videos, too??

What makes a little kid think, hey I'll empty out this entire drawer and line all the items up on the living room floor? And hum while doing it.

I didn't realize I said "You'd better....." a lot until Justin started repeating me! "You'd better make dinner...."

Call me crazy, but I love updating company manuals!

Justin named all of Sydney's toy babies today.... Violet, Rose, Lily and..... Baby Drinkie Baby (since it has a binky).

Goodbye Christmas tree! Smell ya later...

No comments: