Friday, November 30, 2012

November 2012


Picture time! Aren't we beautiful and goobery?

We spent a lovely Thanksgiving at the Watkins' house in Selah. I love this time of year when the leaves are still looking fall-ish and the snow hasn't started yet!





Quotable Sniders

Making an appointment with the allergist. *Sigh*

Friday night... Jon is going to be gone. Who wants in on a Pinterest party? lol I'll bring the virtual chips & salsa.

We now have over 55 gallons of water set in storage. Bring on the apocalypse!

I just had a long conversation with my friend's 2-year-old that was mostly about her "Fuzzies" (stuffed animals).

Jon: How did your new driver's license picture turn out?" Me: Bleeekk. Same as the last one. Jon: Why? Me: Because I'm the same person. lol

While the boys were cleaning their room.... Justin: You are complaining, Dallin. Dallin: No, I am being lazy.

I guess it's a good thing that Jon is busy at work (yes, he's still there....) it means more businesses are buying commercials for the Christmas season.

Thanksgiving detox has commenced.... it was so worth it! :)

I might start calling Sydney (almost 2 yrs old) Linus because she drags her blanket EVERYWHERE!

One bad choice (texting while driving-- at least we're pretty sure that is what happened) across the street from our house started a chain reaction of high cost responders -- fire, police, ambulance, tow truck, cable, power... then hospital, insurance, etc. Sheesh.

Jon is whipping up Paula Deen's pecan pie. Do you pronounce it PEEE-CAN like Paula or PEH-CAUN like the non-Southern folk?

My car repair guy is a character. He was yelling at the belt the whole time, then when I gave him money he asked if I was married.

Aaaaaand a new serpentine belt for the van. That had better be all for a while!

I know what it feels like to "almost lose it" but does anyone know what it feels like to actually completely lose it? #kidswontquitthrowingonions

I was driving our van on a busy road tonight when it randomly lost power..... awesome! I guess I get an alternator for Christmas.

Day 16: I am thankful for spiritual revelation, past and present. Day 17: I am thankful for my sister!!! Happy Birthday! Day 18: I am thankful Dallin loves school and has a good teacher. Day 19: I am thankful for the priesthood.

Jon requested that I make him a large jean quilt for naps. He is watching me make it. Should I let him use it as soon as I'm done, or wrap it and make him wait for Christmas?

Justin (age 4) is quite the culinary expert... he was making soup while I was cooking lunch. He used one of my dirty pots, filled it with water, then threw in just about every spice I had. "This is brown soup. Only old men can eat it." ??? To be honest, it actually smelled pretty good.

I don't like that Dallin keeps getting in trouble, but it sure is nice to have a kid very motivated to do chores! Only $17 left to work off until he gets to play the Kindle again.

Jon's on an overnight scout thing... which means no watching a bbq, gold mining, or some other manly type show.

Yesterday I asked Justin (age 4) what he was thankful for: water bottles, glue, peanut butter, a present, rice cakes.

Day 14: I am thankful for a warm house to live in. It's cold outside! Day 15: I am thankful for books. As long as there are writers, I'll have a job. :)

The trial is finally over. We heard 95% of the testimony, but then in light of new evidence, they reached a plea.

Day 13: I am thankful for so many parents out there who love their children and are trying their hardest to raise them right. It gives me hope for the future, and especially hope for my children's futures.

The legal system is..... interesting.

Day 12: I am thankful that I learned how to sew. I love sewing! It helps me relax, and it is fun making things.

Day 11: I'm thankful for my crockpot. I'm being serious. I love that thing!

Day 9: I am thankful to live in an agriculture-based area, and for food preservation. I love having a basement full of homemade applesauce, apple butter, apple pie filling, salsa, pears... Day 10: I am thankful for the scriptures. We read every night with the kids, and they bring a wonderful spirit to our home.

"I smell food out of this nose and drinks out of this nose." (Justin, age 4)

No eggs, no sugar, no flour choc chip cookies... they were yummy!

Went to bed at 8pm... had disturbing dreams all night. Sigh.

All jury-ed out. What should I do to distract myself until Tuesday?

Justin has adopted my old woobie as his own new woobie. That brings his total woobie count to 4. Can you have too many??

Day 6: I am thankful for Jon Snider. It's been a crazy 10 years (8 years of marriage). He is so happy and forgiving. He has the most faith of anyone I know. Also, he is pretty hilarious. Day 7: I am thankful for Jon's job and for my job, and that we are able to support ourselves AND do what we love. We will probably never be rich monetary-wise, but there are other ways of being rich. Day 8: I am thankful for the talents God has given me. I feel privileged to use them everyday in my job, and I love sharing them with others.

Slipped into an old pair of my jeans today... another size smaller! Woot woot!

I was selected to serve as a jury member for a trial. Yipppee.

I figured Obama would win, even thought I didn't vote for him. I hope the next four years we can pull together as a country and get out of debt, grow the economy, and become stronger.

Jury duty is a looooong and boring process. Thank you to Mary Batchelor for watching my kids all freakin afternoon!

Election day = say goodbye to Jon until Wednesday! If you have a spouse in the media, you know what I mean.

Day 5: I am thankful for my three beautiful children. No matter how naughty or crazy they are, they are just as sweet and amazing. I love them with all my heart. Tonight we giggled and I was reminded why God wanted me to be a mom. :)

Day 4 = I am thankful for living in the Pacific Northwest! Day 5 = I am thankful for the atonement.

Noticed spots all over Justin at church... doc says it's a virus. Sigh! Can't win with this kid....

Justin popped out of bed this morning and remembered where he hid the keys!!!!!!!!!! In the double stroller! Horrraaaayyyyy!

Arg! Spent 2 hrs looking for our van keys. Our 4-yr-old told us he put them in his pocket.... he played in the back patio, all over the yard, and in the house... he keeps coming up with new places he "put them" but to no avail. Ideas?

Day 3 = I am thankful we have a big yard for my kids to explore.

Extreme 1 hr workout = photographing a 2-year-old

Day 2-- I am thankful my son wanted the clearance $7 shoes instead of the trendy $20 shoes!!! #GoThrifty

Thankful Day #1-- I am thankful my parents kept having kids after my sister! #SecondOldestsRock

Eat Well = Feel Well is my new mantra. Because some food is literally making me feel sick. Next step, allergist? Already on an elimination diet. Not so easy with candy around.

Painted Justin's face, breakfast, Dallin off to school, on hold for 20 minutes, paperwork, editing, emails, laundry, trash, get kids to clean up living room.... akk! No wonder my head spins?

No comments: