Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 2012

Aren't my kids cute? I think these are my favorite pictures of the kids so far. I have about 50 of this series. :)




 Justin's friend Emma Jackson comes over sometimes and we do a little preschool lesson. They are good buddies.

They pulled out a ton of wipes to wash the window! Aren't they so helpful?
Happy Halloween from dinosaur, Raggedy Ann, and Spiderman!
 

My parents came for a quick visit.

 It's apple pressing time! Yay! Here are Chris and Ashley Hammond. They bring the apples, we set up the apple press.




This year we invited Maleah and Hannah to carve pumpkins with us.

Jon is doing an angry bird.  His always look so good!


Quotable Sniders

Forcing my kids to watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

So ready for the elections to be OVER, last night I accidentally threw my ballot (completely filled out) in the trash.... doh!!! Safely retrieved it this morning.

To whoever "booed" us just now.... thanks for the Halloween treats! The kids were so excited!!!

I know what a Box Top smells like as it burns in the toaster.... #thanksJustin

At the church Halloween party, I dressed up like a hippie. At least three people asked if it was a "costume" or just my normal dress. I checked my closet and sure enough... I have a bunch of hippie shirts. Plus my hair is long and parted in the middle. DOH!

Me: Who is meaner, mom or dad? Dallin: You're both the same. Well played, Dallin... well played!

It's taken a few years of trial and error, but we are finally able to help navigate our gluten-free kid through an event with lots of tempting food & candy without a major mishap!

Coming out of a sabbatical to take some senior photos today. Rain, please hold on until lunch!!

If you take a pro-biotic... what kind and why? You can message me if you'd rather not everyone on FB know your digestive issues. LOL

Dallin (age 6) the do-gooder. He took two quarters to school to buy popcorn and licorice. On the way home, he only had popcorn. "Where is your licorice?" I asked. "I gave a quarter to Alex." He is so sweet.

"Let's have Christmas on Saturday." --Justin (age 4)

"I don't care if we eat cereal and toast the rest of our life, as long as we are together, we'll be ok!" -Mitt Romney to Ann Romney when they found out she had MS.

“When in situations of stress we wonder if there is any more in us to give, we can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail or to be wicked. When we have been found wanting, let us remember that we were measured before and found equal to our tasks; therefore, let us continue, but with more determined discipleship. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not press upon us more than we can bear.” -Elder Neal A. Maxwell, BYU Devotional, 1978

I found a book in the washing machine. I'm not sure what this means.

Hoodie weather... my fave.

"The harrowing of the soul can be like the harrowing of the soil; To increase the yield, things are turned upside down." Neal A. Maxwell, April 1990 General Conference

"Wait, Dallin! I have to kiss you!!!" --what Justin says everyday when we walk Dallin to school

Our Camry needs a new radiator AND a new heat coil. Wahhh!

Jon Snider's amazing voice makes up for the fact that he tends to "blah blah" instead of sing the actual lyrics...

Getting out the old cider press. Almost ready to press apples!! It isn't fall until we have some fresh cider.

I love Washington and its diverse agriculture!

Justin dumped all the Reeses peanut butter chips into the smooth peanut butter. Maybe next time I should get chunky?

Just put 80 lbs of Zaycon chicken in my deep freezer! Yes, I am a food hoarder.

When my cat is outside, suddenly she has ADD and doesn't know which window or door she wants to come in.... as soon as I open one door, she runs to another.

(Dallin) Mom, I want to see that thing on the computer where people make stuff (Pinterest!!!).

In my dream last night, Johnny Depp was getting too flirty flirty. I had to tell him I was married.

4am winds = horse chestnuts constantly falling on our roof!!

So Dallin (age 6) randomly says in a funny voice: "Aflac... major medical boyyzzzz!!"

Yakima friends -- come to my house for a lovely breakfast this Saturday at 10am! It's a Pampered Chef breakfast with Mike McCabe.
Patty Redd Kennington:This is what Sydney looked like in her yellow dress this morning: Lemon Meringue, Strawberry Shortcake's friend http://wendolonia.com/blog/2011/04/13/my-strawberry-shortcake-collection-the-dolls/
Last night during scriptures I read about the "condensation" of the Lord, and my dad said, "He had dew on him???" Oops! Condescension. Doh.
Spent too much money. Beyond tired. But we are getting a lot of house projects DONE!!!
When Jon Snider brought home The Avengers from Redbox, I wasn't really interested in watching it..... but I did anyway and LOVED IT!!!

Dallin tried to wear his spiderman costume under his school clothes today. Nice try kiddo! :)

My parents are coming tomorrow!!!! Yahooo!

"So often we get caught up in the illusion that there is something just beyond our reach that would bring us happiness: a better family situation, a better financial situation, or the end of a challenging trial. The older we get, the more we look back and realize that external circumstances don’t really matter or determine our happiness. We do matter. We determine our happiness." --President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
First-ever summons to jury duty. Gee, am I excited.

My thryoid antibodies are up. Boo. I was hoping this post-partum thyroid stuff was done. Sydney is almost 2!!

I just finished watching every last episode of Arrested Development on Netflix. Now what am I supposed to do with my life??? :)

General Conference today and tomorrow = the yearly virtual pilgrimage of Mormons. It is enlightening and inspiring to listen to our prophet and 12 apostles give us counsel. And of course, hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. Check it out at lds.org or BYU TV.

Sydney is reading my checkbook like it's a storybook. I wonder how the story ends???

The heat is on!!!! Thanks, heater repair guy.

Making apple butter today!

Getting out the Halloween decorations = impromptu kid dance party

Sydney (almost 2) is trying to replicate our cat's meowing, but it sounds more like "Ow!!! Ow!!!"

Justin just tried to smuggle crayons, scissors, glue, and a large glass bowl into his room for nap time. I wonder what he was going to do with them?

Listening to music with Katherine Dohrman.... thanks to instant messenger and YouTube!

I'm going to try making pita bread for the first time today... tips?

No comments: