Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 2012

It's September and that means fair time!











Quotable Sniders

Dallin (age 6): "I think when I was riding my bike down the hill I was going 88 miles per hour....." #back2thefuturelove

I'm thinking of keeping a running total of how many naughty things Justin does in one day, but I'm not sure I can count that high....

Dallin opened Jon's old Bible (from when he was little) and told me we had to read the highlighted portion, which happened to be Ecclesiastes 3 1-8: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...."

Don't forget Yakima 3rd Ward ladies.... RS Meeting tonight to 6:30! Classes on indexing and canning/freezing/dehydrating.

Justin (age 4): I can wear socks with my sandals. Me (internally): Noooooo!!!

It's fair time! Exactly 10 years ago I moved to Yakima for a new job... went to the fair with some random strangers.... and met Jon Snider in the Sundome.

Every single time our boys pray--- "Thank you for this day, please bless my brother to close his eyes, please please my sister to fold her arms... amen!"

Jon heard I felt sick so he brought home flowers and chocolate. He's a keeper. :)

Lots of screams at our house tonight from a mad game of Hide 'n Go Seek.

Justin (age 4) is burying his toys in the yard.... to keep them safe?

Darn you Downton Abby Season 2 on Hulu! You made me stay up late!

I was REALLY surprised that William Close (he plays those super long harp strings) didn't win America's Got Talent last night!!! I would pay to see his show!
Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 9:48am MDT


Dinner = negotiating with my children to choke down salad in order to earn the privilege of eating tater tots.

Me: Do you talk a lot in class, Dallin? Dallin: Not a LOT. Sometimes I listen -- I mean a LOT.

While walking to school today... we decided to walk there on the sidewalk and then on the way back on the pathway. "We can't walk backwards! We will fall down!!" --Justin, age 4.

Dallin: Hey mom, guess what I drew! It starts with an "a" and ends with "bird."

Is it weird that I get excited for Friday nights... to catch up on WORK?

Dallin wanted to wear red pants and a red shirt to school... I told him he couldn't according to school rules (no all blue, red or brown). Thankfully he didn't ask "why" .... or I would have had to explain what gangs are.

To the long-haired barefooted guy (shirt optional) who walks by our house everyday now.... where are you going and why don't they require shoes?

Woke up at 4am for no reason... stared at the wall for an hour or so.... finally fell asleep when I found a show on Netflix about the Revolutionary War.

Gearing up to paint the garage.... blek!

Jon, Dallin and Justin are playing "Trouble" ...hmmm.... who will win?

Every night we read the scriptures with the boys, the quietest one gets to pick out a sticker and put in on the calendar. It is working! They remind us to read and then actually sit and listen. Success!

No comments: