Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012

Farm Visit!

 

There is other stuff to do on a farm.... like play around. We do that pretty well.
Uncle Conrad is pulling the kids with his little car. Out here in the country, it's ok to play in the middle of the road.

 Ready to go!

Justin is 4! We celebrated with a flourless cake.


 At the Yakima Bears game.


 
Our Dallin is in first grade! He has Mrs. Ford this year. Of course, he is a social butterfly and loves everything about school. He is good at reading, math, and recess.

I like how the school divided up the kids this year -- there are three first grade classes, and they took a lot of the boys from Dallin's Kindergarten class and brought them into Mrs. Ford's class together. They seemed to do the same with the girls to a different class.

So Dallin has been playing "ninja" every recess with his friends. I'm not sure what that means.

Lately we've been staying for about 20-30 minutes after school just to play in the playground. It's fun to talk to the other moms and let the kids get worn out.


Quotable Sniders
 
Dallin (age 6): I'm going to build a bunch of traps in my room! It's going to be super awesome! Lots of traps that will keep people from coming in. Me: So... can we come in? Dallin: Yes, you and Justin and dad and Sydney can come in. Me: So.... who are you trying to keep out? Dallin: (blank stare) Me: The cat??? Dallin: YEAH!! The traps will get her and it will be so cool.

It is so quiet here. Where is Sydney to kiss? Where is Dallin and Justin when I need a laugh? Where is Carrie and Jon to talk to?

Today's lesson at church and what I needed to hear today: "The Holy Ghost communicates important information that we need to guide us in our mortal journey. When it is crisp and clear and essential, it warrants the title of revelation. When it is a series of promptings we often have to guide us step by step to a worthy objective, for the purpose of this message, it is inspiration." -ELDER RICHARD G. SCOTT, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

I love visiting the farm because I don't have to do CHORES anymore! Oh, and seeing my family. :)

Watched "Mormon in American" on Rock Center (Brian Williams) last night. They interviewed some very interesting people. I loved the coverage of the Church's welfare system. Of course, throughout the hour-long piece there were inaccuracies (and a photo I didn't appreciate), but that's pretty normal in the media (yep, that's coming from someone who is IN the media). All in all pretty good coverage.

Going to the dentist feels like taking a final exam.... I passed!

Went out for an oil change, came back with two new tires. #nomoneyleft!

The boys think I need to buy the new Pink Angry Bird for... Sydney... yeah Sydney. Like they won't ever play with it!

I have to give Jon Snider props -- he almost finished his "Honey Do" list for today!!!

Justin (almost 4): Hey GUY!! (Dallin) Come over here. We have important to do. ??

Day 2 of the "no TV" punishment for the boys.... although I must say, they don't really seem to care.

T minus 12 days until school starts... but whose counting????

It's been years since I heard my dad say, "Five o'clock! Chore time!" but I still get antsy this time of day.

Awww sweet relief. It's only supposed to be 93 today instead of 100.

Girls mature faster than boys.... er, Sydney is already acting like she is 2.

I've had extremely low energy for a day and a half... suddenly I got a surge of energy today at noon. Is it from the poached egg I had at 10am or because I finished a bunch of work projects?

Who are these little people walking around my house? #justwokeupfromanap

My almost 4 year old is emotionally resisting the fact that he is almost 4. Does this happen to your kids? Do they act weird right before they have a birthday?
 
Jenny Armstrong:You know I still love George Michael.. ;) I just got excited he is performing olympics closing.

This morning our boys watched Cars 2 in French.... now they are cheering Jon while he mows the lawn. "Go daddy, go daddy!!!"

Started the day with yoga. I need to do this everyday!!!

Whenever the boys are naughty, my house gets CLEAN. Woot woot chores!

We got a great deal on a deep freezer.... plugged it in today and tonight someone randomly gave us a box of frozen food. Yeah for good karma!

Took photos of a house made out of straw! You wouldn't know it by looking at the outside. The inside looks like a typical southwest adobe with rounded corners.

First attempt at making homemade gluten-free bread in the oven... sure smells good! Thanks Patty Redd Kennington for the brown rice flour!

If you were one of three of Sydney's sippy cups, where would you be???

The boys worked on their "sneak attack" skills on me today.... they quietly tip-toed through the lawn with their water soakers, but at the last second I turned around and doused them with the garden hose. Ha! Point for mom.

Just had a "don't steal candy bars from Walgreens" teaching moment with my 3 1/2 year old.

What did little boys play with before toy monster trucks and toy cars? Toy wagons? Toy chariots?

Justin (age 3): Mommy can I have gum? Me: No, not until you are bigger. Justin: .......... now am I bigger???

1 comment:

Patty Kennington-Rooks said...

I see the two clever ones, Anna and Justin, gravitate to each other yet again.