Vanessa and her boys came for a visit! Mostly to paint our house. But the boys had fun making our shed into their clubhouse.
Dallin is done with Kindergarten!
Our hill is full of trees, which is beautiful.... but there are so many that are dead. Fred MacDonald came and helped Jon cut a bunch down. It wasn't easy, since there are powerlines in the way. But they did it!
Quotable Sniders
Bill's Berry Farm in Grandview, WA ... definitely worth the drive from Yakima! My kids loved it! They played in many of the kids' play areas, picked blueberries ($2.50/lb), pet some baby alpacas, and rode in carts around the farm ($2 per kid). Today the festival goes until 5pm, plus they have one next weekend too.
Judy Harvey: I love driving by your house n checking out the new do!
The city just removed even more trees from our hill!
My body and the couch are both yelling at me to lay down..... ok then!
My sisters' boys and my boys have staked out our shed as their clubhouse. They already had a meeting and everything.
Yakima must think it is Seattle or something! Go away rain, we need to paint our house!
My sister is coming today!!! Bring on the projects!
1 gallon of primer, 40 lbs of chicken, 5 yards of fabric, many bags of groceries.....
I have seen many many photos on Facebook of people's legs on a beach. I'm starting to feel very landlocked over here....
Tomorrow can't be Monday.... I'm not caught up yet.
2 loads of limbs to the dump, painting, chipping, weeding, digging.... zzzzz
How we like to start the day -- in our bed, Jon torture tickles Dallin while Justin body slams them both. Mom and Sydney retire to the living room for civilized chat.
Yakima people -- anyone want some of my purple iris and/or orange day lilies? I have a bunch by my shed that need to go in the next few days. They are very hardy and like sun and not much water. They transplant well. I already have plenty in other spots and want to put something else in their place.
Why oh why do my boys love Fan Boy and Chum-Chum??
It's a 'Bruno Mars on repeat' kind of day.
Sometimes I look at my kids and I'm like... "where did you all come from??" :)
Moriarty!!!!!!! (Finally caught up on the PBS Sherlock Holmes...)
I had a dream last night that I was giving a speech to a bunch of college kids.... about marital advice. They were all laughing. Apparently I was some sort of expert in the subject.
"...behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." -Alma 37:6
Marianne Tenny Hale: Thank you for your insight last night. I'm totally motivated to keep writing and figure out how to incorporate descriptions of the characters into the story.
Jon is sanding the house! Making it all smooth for when we paint in a little over a week. :)
First day of summer vacation.... had to institute some summer rules. Rule #2 -- don't throw mud on the shed. Sheesh!!!
Toured a large dairy farm with a new very high tech manure separator -- interviewed and took photos for our local business newspaper. My dad would be proud.
Biting chunks off the block of cheese, tipping over his sister (repeatedly), stealing her blanket and sippy cup, escaping through the yard gate, putting his shoe in the sprinkler, dumping red Jello powder onto his carpet, leaving the water on so it floods the bathroom.... just your average day with Justin Snider, age 3.
Tree #3 is falling -- not sure if it's the city's or ours. City just came and it's too close to eyeball whose it is. They will survey and put another post in to show the exact property line. Either way, that tree and probably a few others need to come down the hill behind our house!!!
Dallin is officially "graduated" from Kindergarten! Several times this year he's asked me about when I went to Kindergarten.... to which I said, "They didn't have Kindergarten at my country school when I was your age!!" :)
Jon Snider is a manly sort of diva in the kitchen. XOXO
Maleah Erickson:Watched a video of Dallin and Hannah when they were babies. Seven years, didn't it go by in a blink.
I haven't been running in 3 weeks. It makes me sad. I wish I had more energy. Maybe I'll try again in a few weeks. Ok pity party over!
The lady leading the line of kids at school to the bus stop -- her walkie talkie made a funny noise and a child asked, "What was that?" Her answer: "It's Santa Claus. He's checking in with me to see who is being naughty or nice." LOLOL
"Our Heavenly Father did not put us on earth to fail but to succeed gloriously. It may seem paradoxical, but that is why recognizing answers to prayer can sometimes be very difficult. Sometimes we unwisely try to face life by depending on our own experience and capacity. It is much wiser for us to seek through prayer and divine inspiration to know what to do." -Richard G. Scott
Dallin still owes us $18 for the $20 worth of apps he bought on our Kindle. It'll probably take him all summer to pay it off! Now to think of more chores...... (Kindle now has parental controls installed.)
Napped yesterday, went to bed at 9:30pm, then napped 2 hrs today.... I guess the weekend trip wiped me out? Sheesh!
Trying to decide if I should scrape the paint off our house.... in the rain. Or take a nap. :)
Back in Yak... I forget how quirky it is here until I leave and come back.
Heading to Oregon for a quick trip to visit some of my family. Bring on the Kenningtons!










No comments:
Post a Comment