Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 2012

Camping fun!

 Vanessa and her family, Conrad and his family, and Grandma Kennington and the Sniders all met at Emigrant Springs for a weekend camping trip. (In the Blue Mountains between La Grande and Pendleton, Oregon.) We had a blast!


















Quotable Sniders

"Vacations" are 10x more work than normal life.....

Dallin's been telling me all sorts of facts about Tasmanian Devils and Monarch Butterflies.... thanks to the PBS show Wild Kratts.

Dusted off all the camping gear! Woot woot!

After two months of working in the office part time, I am back to doing freelance from home. Yeah!!


If you are an expert in bugs, cars, monster trucks, parachutes, time or rockets, I have a 6 1/2 year old who has 10 billion questions for you.

Visited a mint farm today.... now my shoes smell like mint!

You are a true "mom" if you have cleaned up some sort of bodily fluids and/or done something just because your child wanted to.... mostly everyday. :)

Jon Snider and Dallin and Justin are replacing a tire on the lawn mower. It reminds me of the time several years ago when my dad, Conrad Kennington and Casey Redd Kennington all bent over to fix the lawn mower and bonked heads. LOL

Our rice cooker is kaput. That's what happens when you have a gluten-free kid and rice is one of your main staples!

Our boys had a mild case of hives last week.... we are pretty sure it was spray sunscreen. Anyone else experience this?

"That man makes me feel like I have my bonnet on backwards." --Sarah in "These is My Words" by Nancy E. Turner

Finally got over 80 work emails whittled down to 19... phew. That's what I get for taking a weekend off!

Came home from a weekend away from home to find my children all alive and my house CLEAN! Jon Snider is pretty dang awesome.

Leaving soon for a kid-free weekend!!! Sorry Jon!!

Sydney (18 months) just shook her finger at me and said, "No, no, no!" I wonder where she learned that?? :)

Holy moley this is a busy summer for door-to-door sales at our house. So far... home security, vitamins, books, and just today, organic cleaning products. I said a big fat "no" to all of them. :)

"Put it in my hand bowl." --what our boys say when I have a snack ready to give them....

Going to a sign language class tomorrow -- very excited!!

Jon Snider made the most delicious slushies out of sugar-free Jello, ice and water. Now he is hooking up the TV in the basement... to wait out the heat wave.

Me: Justin, you're so dirty!!! Justin (age 3): I know. I need a Wash-ington.

"It's been mild for too long.... I think I'll jump up to 100 degrees. It is July after all." --weather in Yakima

Going cross-eyed from editing and formatting manuscripts!

Own who you are.... whether you are rich or poor, tall or short, old or young, from Yakima or normal. :)

Tonight we threw little poppers on the road and watched the cars drive over them. Best fireworks ever!

Am I the last person to figure out that BACON should be baked in the oven? And that it turns out perfectly crisp and lovely?

How do you do "one on one" time with each of your children?

Thinking about holding an auction to sell my 3 1/2 year old.... :)

"What is nice? Trying to fill the void in your life with flour and sugar and egg and vanilla? I mean, we are all unhappy. Do we have to be fat, too? Not you Becky, I know you have a slow metabolism." --Elaine Benes on office parties

No comments: