Jon was waiting at my apartment as I arrived home.
We headed to his brother's house, where we had dinner with his brothers, their wives and kids, and his mom. As we walked through the front door, I wasn't sure what to expect.
As I had been learning, Jon was a very affectionate person. He liked to hold hands all the time, which was something very new to me. Growing up my family wasn't extremely affectionate, and never having had a boyfriend-- well it all took getting used to.
Jon is the youngest in his family, which probably explained his very playful personality and affection. And it also meant his older brothers liked to jovially pick on him. Eric decided to give me the third degree.
"So where are you from? What do you do? Where do you work?" Without giving me a chance to reply, he was all over me. Eric, as I would discover, was the outspoken one, and he liked to mess with people.
But I grew up with three younger brothers who often gave me grief. This wasn't that much different.
I survived through questions and I survived through dinner. I asked Jon's mom what Jon was like as a child and everyone just laughed.
Now it was time to see what everyone in the Singles Branch though of me and Jon together. Oh dear. >>Continue to part 17
No comments:
Post a Comment