Sunday, March 26, 2023

NYC Day 4

 We slept in. Because we were tired.


BUT! Since it was Sunday, and they have matinees... of course we went to two shows.


Jon picked all the other shows, and this is the one I picked. Because I love Ben Platt's voice! I was so glad to get to see him live. He was even on stage the ENTIRE intermission. 

Parade is a true crime historical show. Kinda sad but cool too.



Leo Frank - Ben Platt
Lucille Frank - Micaela Diamond
So many others!



For dinner + show, we went to 54 Below, a really cool venue where Broadway singers regularly perform. They do a Sondheim Unplugged concert pretty often. We saw one in 2017 and were excited to go again. Jon lives for Sondheim. 

Host Rob Maitner
Music Director John Fischer
Eric Michael Gillett
Ramona Mallory
Liz McCartney
Lucia Spina
Lauren Blackman
Derrick Cobey
Phumzile Sojola

The next day we flew home! It was such a great trip!

No comments: