Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 2023


Dallin got to fly today
We gifted him a “Discovery Flight” for his birthday.
Jon got to sit in the back seat.

 




I can now return to my regular daily anxiety levels.



 


Life is a beautiful mess.
Store bought cake. Mismatched candles.
Dallin putting on all four shirts gma got him.
Blowing out candles from faraway.
Justin refusing to wear the birthday glasses.
Me and Brynn about to run off to another thing.
Dirty dinner dishes still on the table.
Clutter everywhere. Dog under the table.
But I love it all because it’s mine.


  

One of my ideas at work (home security company) that didn’t make it through to today’s marketing email.

 


Work from home mobile break room between me and Jon.

 

 
Dress like your favorite character at school.










 

Quotable Sniders

 

Scene: Driving the kids to school.

Me: *fiddling with the music*

Dallin: No! Not that song! Please no!

Me: Why?

Dallin: It’s what every girl puts on her reels!

Me: *Laughing at what a Gen Z problem that is.* Back in my day, you had to BUY THE CD to get tired of a song


 

Jon and I generally aren’t “romantic,” in the traditional sense.

Unless you count these things as romantic. Which I do.

Parenting together

Sharing the chores

Laughing constantly

Letting the other nap

Errands for the other

Noticing the stress

Reassuring each other

Spending time together

Asking opinions

Respecting ideas and space

Celebrating the other

Etc etc

 


No comments: