Thursday, January 30, 2020

January 2020

Between Christmas and early Jan the kids took turns being SUPER sick. Lots of fevers and coughing and sleeping and not wanting to eat. One bright side was lots of cuddles. 


 FINALLY feeling better. He asked to learn how to cook fish. 


Our 20s flapper girl.


A lemon from our lemon tree! Brynn added a face, then an friend.


 Blankie > parents


Brynn finally got to ring the New Skill Alert Bell at gymnastics!


New dresses from gma.


 Vet time with Emmett.


 What a great day! Justin (11) received the priesthood, Dallin (13) advanced to the office of a teacher. Lots of family got to come. 


My brother Jeffrey helped Jon install more ceiling fans in our house! Yayyy!


My BFF Jen! I went to her workshop in Scottsdale then we went for some pho. 


 Donna Summer Musical -- was amazing! Great music!


 Redeeming Jon's Christmas present. 


Goodnight Arizona.




Quoteable Sniders

I like running into my Texas former-military grandpa neighbor. When we chat there are always a "Sam Hill" and a "Bejeezus" plus a few "reckons" in there.



Sydney spent half the day writing and performing Minecraft parody songs 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️“When I Was Your Steve”“Dying in the Lava”“Today I Feel Like Mining”“Just Mine It”“You’ve Got a Mine in Me”


Enduring.... is hard.
Why is enduring such a hard thing?
As a kid, everything was new and fun. Then as a young adult, college, falling in love, getting married, having kids, while challenging in their own ways, were exciting.
But now I’m in the enduring stage. Sure, I’m older and wiser now. And I wouldn’t trade my life experiences for anything. But this enduring thing?
It’s way hard. Grueling everyday in the trenches emotionally and spiritually.
Making the decision to do X is the fun part... but then it’s the showing up everyday, the enduring til the end, that can wear on you.
I’m reading The Book of Mormon and I used to feel more like Nephi in his discovery phase of life. But now I feel more like his dad and mom, Lehi and Sariah.
They know what they need to do but it’s like... heavens. I’m tired. Lol



I was watching my friend’s daughter the other day. She’s 5. Nonchalantly she tells me: “There is an evil wizard who lives in our neighborhood.”
I ask her a million questions. But all I’ve learned is this: He likes living there, she’s never actually seen him, but he’s definitely there. Doing evil wizard stuff.



Justin (11) received the Aaronic Priesthood today and is now a Deacon. Dallin (13) is now a teacher. We had visits from the Flagstaff Kenningtons and Queen Creek Sniders.


I was on my way out of Target when a teenager rushed through the deters with a cart FULL of electronics. 
The detectors beeped.
Right outside two burly dudes grabbed him and cuffed him.


If you have young kids you know the genius and annoyance that is Perry Gripp music. Well, this morning I parodied “It’s Raining Tacos” into “It’s Time for School.”
To which my kids yelled: “No Mom!! Blasphemy!”

Brynn: "Alexa, when is Jesus coming again?"


No comments: