Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 2019


 Well, Hello, Dolly! It's so nice to see you!


Our dear Sydney was baptised on January 12, 2019.





The Flagstaff cousins came for a visit and buried Sydney. 

A random hot air balloon went through our neighoborhood!



Quotable Sniders:

My digestive system is all funky. My doc ordered a complete abdomen ultrasound.

Abdomen ultrasound, blood test, and CT scans are clean... still waiting on x-rays and stool sample. Pain is constant for nearly three weeks. 😫 However, as a perk of only eating Jello and chicken broth, I might make my New Year's goal of fitting into my smaller clothes. 😜 I see the GI doc tomorrow.

First day pain free. 🥰
Is this what normal people feel like? I haven't felt this amazing in so many years.
My GI doc yesterday was stellar. She had some ideas for treatment. Even though an x-ray, CT, and ultrasound didn't show anything, she still wanted me to do a heavy duty cleanse to extra rule out a possible blockage (before doing scopes or surgery of any kind).
Within two hours of treatment, I felt 50% better. Today I feel like I'm 10 years younger.
How long has this issue been going on? I dunno, probably a long time. The last three weeks have been SO PAINFUL.
What caused this? Who knows? Heredity, food issues, stress, whatever who cares.
I'm so grateful.
Pain is a funny thing. It's your body trying to tell you something. Sometimes it's hard to listen and doctors are pretty dang good translators when they listen and have the skills (thanks docs!). I've had to learn to listen over the years. That means slowing down and just focusing on what's most important in life.
Today has been such a good day.  



No comments: