Saturday, March 31, 2018

March 2018

Justin loves drawing dragons.


 Happy Birthday, daddy!


 How we move pianos in Idaho.


 Painting the wall. Getting ready to put the house on the market!


 New carpet coming!


My journalism students had a good-bye party for me. Look at my sash! 

 New carpet looks amazing!

 Just playing. 

 Brynn and I went for a little walk along the sandy beach by the river. 


 Goodness, I can't believe we're leaving this house! So many great memories. 












We had five showings in one day! We spent time at the East Idaho Aquarium.  




 Jon flew to AZ for work, then Carrie joined him. We bought a house in Goodyear!


Easter time. 


Quoteable Sniders:

Carrie: I don’t want that kind of sushi, it looks like dead fish!
Jon: ... 

Carrie: We need to hang your mom’s mirror in the bathroom.
Me: I need to or I need to?


Me: Hey Justin, what did you do at your friend's house?
Justin: Ohhh I mostly bothered the girls (Sydney and her friend). 
*face palm*


We were crazy today and decided to work on getting the house ready to put on the market on Thursday.
Wall patches, texture, stairway painted, hardwood floors deep cleaned, cabinets deep cleaned, a couple runs to the hardware store, more doors painted, etc.

"I always eat dessert first. Because if Jesus comes I’ll have eaten my sweets.” —Applebee’s server lady

"I hate depression and I want to punch it in the face."
That's what I told my therapist today in an intense session. Depression is on the way out of my life, but I've had some driving anxiety so she's been helping me deal with that. Which means dealing with my feelings about what depression did to me over the past year. Today's takeaway was that depression and anxiety wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault. I didn't do something to deserve it. I didn't see it coming, but that's because depression uses blinders and sneaks in like a thief. It takes over your life without your permission, but there it is, bothering you. It's confusing and frustrating and cloudy. I have a good life surrounded by amazing people, so why did I not want to get out of bed? Why did I not want to go anywhere? It was depression's fault, not my fault. So then, once I saw it was there I wanted to get rid of it. Getting out of depression is like slogging in the mud in circles, because you're not sure which way to go. But then comes a glimmer of hope through people and experiences and medication and whisperings of the spirit. I want anyone out there who is down and kicking themselves, STOP it's totally not your fault. It's not your fault. It's depression's fault. Don't let depression convince you that you did something wrong. You didn't do anything wrong.

As we listen to the radio...
Dallin: Why is the guy yelling the song?
Me: That’s what rock stars did in the 1980s...
Dallin: Is that because the microphones didn’t work very well back then?


Justin: Hey mom, who is your best friend?
Me: Daddy
Justin: I mean besides Daddy.
Me: I have lots of best friends.
Justin: Like Barbie?? 

#BarbieLifeintheDreamhouse

Our house in Idaho Falls went on the market on March 15. We had five showings on March 17. We were under contract with a buyer on March 18. We've just been waiting for the inspection stuff to be agreed on, which it was today. YAY! We feel so blessed to get it sold so quickly. We close April 20th. 


No comments: