What a great month!!!
Sydney started dance (tap and ballet) in September. It's at a lady's house in her basement studio. This month Sydney had her first-ever dance performance!!! Jon and I kept looking at each other because we were so surprised how good Sydney was! Of course it's all she ever talks about. So she definitely has found her "thing." Lucky girl!
Sydney and Miss Shanna.
Grandma's birthday!!
The kids do project-based learning in their charter school. So they had a night where the kids presented their projects.
I didn't get a good picture of when Sharon, Sydney, and I (and two friends) went to see the Idaho Falls Ballet Company's production of The Nutcracker. It was incredible! Sydney was riveted. So Jon read the story to the kids.
This girl is really stuck on me, and I'm pretty stuck on her.
Wreath cookies! It's our neighbor/friend gift every year. My mom used to make them.
SANTA CAME FOR THE GIRLS!
SANTA CAME FOR THE BOYS! Dallin is "in the know" so he got to help with stockings.
Mrs. Claus got a little lazy about wrapping.
The kitty was looking for ribbon. To eat and then cough up. SO we stopped using ribbon several years ago.
The kids loved all their gifts!
I found this baby crib on Craigslist. A local guy made it.
Seriously, this winter = SNOWWWW
Sydney turned 6! Kambrie, Ashlin, and Violet came over. They were very silly.
For Christmas, Sharon got Jon a box of 12 puzzles, so we spent a lot of snow days working on them.
Quotable Sniders
So I heard this other singer attempting to sing "Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart" and it was NOT George Micheal! "No you will NOT!" I said to the radio. "That song belongs to him!"
Feelin like an old curmudgeon yelling at the dang teenagers spinning out in the church parking lot behind our house. #ParentDuty
If you were my Kindle that my toddler was playing PBS Kids on yesterday and lost ... where would you be? The 4th dimension?
When our 2-year-old Brynn wakes up from her nap, she thinks it's morning (4pm). So then it's time for second breakfast (oatmeal, banana, etc...). And then dinner. Either she really doesn't know, or she's playing us.
On my birthday I realize the only thing that truly matters is the people in my life and the gospel of Jesus Christ. And maybe cake.
:p But seriously, I love all of you awesome people. xoxo
Sydney: Hey mom, what am I? (She is walking hunched over with a walking stick.) It starts with a G.
Me: A grandma?
Sydney: Yep!
Me: What to grandmas do?
Me: A grandma?
Sydney: Yep!
Me: What to grandmas do?
Sydney: Old stuff.
Poison control is now on the speed dial. No worries, Brynn ingested a friend's pill. She's been loopy and silly but it seems to be wearing off. Unless she's just always loopy and silly.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE SNIDERS!
We've had an awesome year. Jon loves his job at Cable One, and Carrie loves freelance writing/editing. The kids are doing great at their new charter school. Dallin plays soccer and watches every science show he can. Justin draws all the time and swims like a fish. Sydney dances continually and loves everything girly. Brynn sings and sings when she's not watching Peppa Pig. We enjoy having Grandma Snider live with us. We have been exploring Eastern Idaho this year and love this area! We are so grateful for the gospel in our lives and for the love of our Savior especially this time of year. Love to you all!
We've had an awesome year. Jon loves his job at Cable One, and Carrie loves freelance writing/editing. The kids are doing great at their new charter school. Dallin plays soccer and watches every science show he can. Justin draws all the time and swims like a fish. Sydney dances continually and loves everything girly. Brynn sings and sings when she's not watching Peppa Pig. We enjoy having Grandma Snider live with us. We have been exploring Eastern Idaho this year and love this area! We are so grateful for the gospel in our lives and for the love of our Savior especially this time of year. Love to you all!
Definition of being a mom: when your baby girl is sick, you can't bear to put her in her bed, she has to stay in your bed. Even if it means you won't get ANY sleep. And you are holding her and checking on her every 10 minutes, and telling her she'll be ok. It's just what you do. And pray a lot. Then in the morning she is 10x better and you are just happy.
So I did it... I pulled out an Amazon pkg to use as leverage. "Do you want what's inside of here? You better wise up, Buster." #DesperateTimes
A very lucky 8 year old boy of mine better love this quilt with ever fiber of his being, because it will be forever known as "That One Time Mom Sewed Through Her Middle Finger." I picked the extra soft fabric and did every square inch of Batman just for him. It's far from perfect, but hey! I finished before Christmas Eve. And even though I have battle scars, it was worth it.
Every time I hear "Oh Holy Night" and "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas" it reminds me of Treasure Valley Children's Chorus. Brooke Harwood and Crystal Fry Arbuckle who else was in it? Does anyone have any pictures?
The best best best gift for a book lover-- a bookcase! Jon Snider fully supports my book habit. Jon is the best. "Now you need another one!" Yes, yes I do.
:) #BookNerd
Scene: A puddle of water on the kitchen floor under a Darth Vader cup. Next to it is a very wet wrapping paper cardboard roll.
Me: Justin (age 8), did you try to use this wrapping paper roll as a straw???
Justin: Yes.
Me: I can see the logic in it....
Justin: Yes.
Me: I can see the logic in it....
A little embarrassed to admit it... but when Sydney was watching Barbie Life in the Dream House I found it to be quite clever and silly (especially Ken). I guess it's ok to have a girly girl in the house.
:)
K-2SO... the sassiest of all the Star Wars droids.


No comments:
Post a Comment