Friday, May 27, 2016
Europe Day 9
Barcelona! This was a Sunday, so we found the local LDS church. They had a sign in Spanish and in Catalan. Both are the official language here.
The people here were so friendly and nice! Jon even met someone who knew someone he knew from Ecuador (I think?).
When in Barcelona, you have to try their tapas (appetizer places). They take this very seriously! When I told them I couldn't have gluten or dairy, they were very helpful.
Next we decided to drive about an hour south along the coast to Tarragona.
We mostly just wanted to find a BEACH and boy did we! It was the perfect day for spending time here. We loved it!
As you can see, the "sand" was actually small pebbles. Jon and I found a ton of seashells for the kids!
We loved this city so much. Do you see this Roman amphitheater????
Then we walked around these narrow streets to find the cathedral.
Never very far away are little restaurants that serve the infamous paella!
On our drive back to Barcelona, we saw many olive trees and other cute towns.
Continue to Europe Day 10>>>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment