Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 2014

Introducing 
Brynn Lee Snider
Born May 10, 2014 at 5:49pm
7 lbs 15 oz     20 inches long


Jon was gone the first week of May to a work trip in Phoenix. Brynn's due date wasn't until May 25th, but all Snider babies have been early, and many signs pointed to me being ready. So I tried to sit as still as possible the whole time Jon was gone! He got home late Friday, May 9th, and early the next morning contractions started. They were intense but bearable. They were regular for a little bit, and would stop. Finally around 4ish I told Jon I wanted to go in. We situated all the kids and took off. Then contractions became really regular! I texted my doctor and told him he'd better get there. I was almost the only woman having a baby that day! (Mt View Hospital) And at first I seemed too calm to them. But then things progressed really fast. I was already 7 cm. So then Dr. Allphin broke my water and Brynn was there in no time! She started nursing within a few minutes. 







 Aunt Vanessa Christenson came to stay with us and cooked and cleaned! I was so glad!!!! She left enough freezer meals to last a week... I used them the next week. LOL



Later in May we got to go to the Rexburg Temple because Maleah (Hannah's mom) and Brent got married!

On May 31st Dallin was baptized! He had been 8 since February, but we waited until Grandma could come and figured it would be easiest when Brynn was born (and the weather was nice to drive).



While Grandma was in town we went to the zoo!

Anna and Sydney.




Quotable Sniders

Jon Snider and Sharon Schooler Snider are over here giggling about genealogy.

Justin (age 5) is pretty sure crayons are made of earwax. Especially the yellow ones.

Sydney is eating solid foods again, and what does she ask for? A bowl of sour cream. Why not? She ate the whole thing.

Justin (age 5): Are kisses supposed to be hot or cold?
Me: Uhhhh depends on who you are kissing.

Poor little Sydney has pneumonia.
 
#1 keeps vying for attention, #2 keeps hurting himself outside (intentional or not?), #3 has a fever, and #4 wants to eat all day. This is why moms of four kids never leave the house. 

Patting my tummy.... "Hey mom your tummy is getting smaller." Best compliment from an honest 5-year-old boy.

Vanessa: In Idaho Falls with my sis Carrie Snider, washing floors, taking kids to the park, and organizing drawers. Tomorrow: freezer meals and more cleaning. And lots of baby kisses.

Bilirubin check today.... and another bilirubin check tomorrow. Hopefully that's the last one!

Those swaddle blankets with velcro are probably the greatest invention ever. After boppies and binkies.

Jon: Baby Girl Snider 7 lbs. 15 Oz. She was born in under an hour. Good thing we didn't have to name her Phoenix.

Jon is home... yay! Been contracting all morning, so we'll see what happens.

I cook probably 90% of our meals from scratch.... so when Dallin brought home my Mother's Day gift from school where he filled out his favorite meal I make.... "Pizza...she buys it from Papa Murphy's and puts it in the oven." I was like, DOH!

Los Hermanos in Yakima called to tell me my order was ready.... I was so tempted to drive all the way to WA to go eat it!

Last week I was 2cm and 70% effaced.... today at 37 1/2 weeks along I am 4cm and 90% effaced..... uhhh hurry home Jon!!!

Helped Sydney construct a Lego Potty.... cause the Lego guys need to go, too.




No comments: