Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 2013

Happy Birthday Justin! He turned 5 this year, just in time to go to Kindergarten!


We had fun visiting our Snider cousins in Vancouver to see Josh off on his mission! While we were there we also did some berry picking with Savannah and Jackson.










The littlest ones -- Lincoln, Sydney, Jackson.



We also went on a hike to Cowiche Canyon. This is one of my favorites!


A big osprey came to the airport, so the kids got to tour it. Jon went to high school with the pilot.

We found that Yakima has two slash pads!

First day of school Yay!


 I had my friend make an apron for Justin's birthday.




Quotable Sniders

If anyone needs me, I'll be going to bed before 9pm like the old lady I am now. lol

I don't drink coffee and I'm not hipster, but tonight sitting in a dimly lit corner of downtown with an Italian Soda was the best way to decompress from a very busy day/week/month/summer. I may hit up Northtown Coffee shop again sometime soon. I have to try every combination of Italian Soda flavors, right?

I just got a call from the radio station... I won two tickets to DAVE MATTHEWS at the GORGE!!!! *fainting* Seeing him at the Gorge has been on my bucket list. Wow.

Walmart + School Shopping = Coconut Dream cookies for mommy.
I've been at varying levels of consciousness since we dropped off BOTH of our boys at school. Now it's time for a tea party with Sydney.

Thinking of starting a Twitter feed just for Justin's antics... yesterday he poured part of a bottle of carpet cleaner down the toilet! But at least the bathroom smells good.

Sydney's sweat smells like warm apricots. This is a major difference between girls and boys (who smell like month-old piles of wet socks when they sweat).

I want to start a wilderness survival Kindergarten..... Justin wants to be the first student. He can learn about letters and numbers whilst collecting sticks and bugs and getting dirty.

Justin is our Paul Revere of food.... "We're having pork!!!! We're having pork!!!"

Fell asleep in my apron today....

We dry pack canned 112 size #10 cans today (rice, beans, flour, sugar, dry milk). Thank you Yakima 3rd Ward friends! We Mormons know how to party.

There has been a Jon Snider sighting in the woods.... thanks to our scout friends who hiked in and visited his group!

Poor Dallin looked so sad tonight. "I miss dad." It was so sweet. Jon Snider is in the middle of a five-day Scout hike. I am sure he is having a great time and will be caked with dirt when he gets home. But our kids will hug him anyway. :)

After his first day of Kindergarten orientation: "I had two recesses, applesauce, orange juice, and colored a picture of a school bus. And we learned rules. We can't jump on our desk." I think Justin has it all figured out!

The cashier at Fred Meyer said he was new.... I told him I was there from corporate giving him a test. :p

Sydney sobbed the entire time I washed her "blankie" ..... except for those 30 minutes we watched silly kitten videos on YouTube. Works every time.

So the kids would be quiet while they waited for dinner.... I made them say one nice thing about each other. Dallin and Justin agreed: "We like Sydney when she runs outside naked!!!" (Slapping my forehead.)

I know I'm a good reporter when the person I'm interviewing says, "Don't print this, but....."

Printing out coloring pages for T rex and Kittens.... just a normal day around here. :)

We got the letter in the mail today! Justin will have Mrs. Jackson as his Kindergarten teacher (same teacher Dallin had). I'm not sure who is more excited, me or Justin. Mrs. Jackson is AWESOME!


We went to Dairy Queen to get the kids ice cream cones.... the ice cream was really soft so as soon as Justin took his first lick, the ice cream fell and went "PLOP!" on the floor. It was so hilarious. Justin had a surprise face, and then came the gradual cry that starts really quiet and gets louder and louder. "waaaaaHHHHHHHH!" The lady was nice and replenished his cone. Now it's a family joke.

Free box of Granny Smith apples = canned apple pie filling = lots of apple pie this winter!!!

No comments: