Thursday, April 5, 2012

Read the Bible in Six Months

A few weeks ago, a few friends and I decided to read the Bible in six months. It's going well so far and I'm keeping on track. I've read the Bible many times before, but never this quickly. Here is an overview so far...

Genesis-- lots of multiplying
Exodus-- lots of traveling and complaining
Leviticus-- lots of sacrificing and rules
Numbers-- lots of counting of people
Deuteronomy-- stay tuned

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) use our edition of the King James version of the Bible. Our version includes many helpful references, my favorite being footnotes. If there is something in a verse you don't understand, there will usually be helpful hints or other references in the footnotes. Above is a photo of a "quad" or quadruple combination, which includes four books of scripture -- the Bible, The Book of Mormon, the Doctrine & Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. 


2 comments:

Ruth said...

Very cool idea! I too am reading the Bible this year, but just the Old Testament. Almost done with Leviticus, just got through them learning how to stone people. Anyways, keep it up. :)

Carrie Snider said...

LOL yes, stoning people. What? There are some interesting things in the Bible. Keep it up!!