Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 2011



 SEATTLE - PORTLAND - TILLAMOOK ROAD TRIP

 
My brother Conrad had a convention in Seattle, so we met up with him on March 31. First we went lunch at Ivar's. Then we threw french fries at the seagulls (tradition).


We walked around, checking out Ye Old Curiosity Shoppe.


Then came the Seattle aquarium, with much marine life....




Me and Sydney... she was such a good little baby, mostly sleeping in the sling. Here we watched the Pike's Place dudes throw fish.

We were so tired after walking, we found an ice cream shop and ate ice cream while playing with Conrad's iPad. We went back to his hotel and said good bye.



We spent the night in Bremerton, where my cousin Betsy lives. Her two sweet boys are close in age to our boys. Many, many legos creations were made...


It's pretty much impossible to get a photo of all of them looking at once; as you will see, they take turns looking away from the camera.


We said goodbye and drove a few hours to Vancouver, WA, to Jon's brother's house.





Five seconds after stopping at Blaine's... Dallin played and played outside with his cousin Savannah. Justin doesn't know how to ride yet, but he couldn't be left out of the fun!





The next day we listened to General Conference, then headed out to downtown Portland. We parked at the Lloyd Center Mall and took the Max into the city. Saturday Market is .... interesting. Here is a silver guy who stands completely still until you give him money. Dallin was timid... then the guy did some routine with four glass balls. It was weird.


We all shared elephant ears, then checked our GPS for the next destination. We went to a few places, including a stop at Powell's Books... I love that bookstore!


Sunday night we traveled to my Aunt Wendy's house south of Portland. She was, as always, a gracious hostess!



Monday we headed out to Tillamook, Oregon. Since we told the boys we were going to the cheese factory, they have been so excited to go! Say "cheese"!! We then went upstairs to the viewing area and watched them put together and package different cheese. Fresh Tillamook ice cream. Yummmmm.





We had planned a day at the beach, but it was so cold and rainy. Booo. The waves were huge and scary.


We braved the weather long enough to snap photos. Believe me, it was brave. Mom. Car. Cold. Brrr.



Monday we headed for home, after a quick stop at the Portland Temple. Another new favorite of the boys. I love the sneaky look on Justin's face.


We had so much fun! Our kids are such good travelers. I felt very rested.


Quotable Sniders

Sydney had her 4-month appointment today... she is only 12 lbs and in 9% for weight (she was in the 50% last appointment). Which is weird because she eats ALL the time. Booo.

"I need a rocket booster." --Justin, 2 1/2 years old

Our baby Sydney was born 4 months ago! She is still so precious and sweet. :)

My nose is running. Can somebody catch it for me?

"Hey fish-face, back away from my buddy!" and "Scuba diving--count me in!" were both repeated 50 billion times by Dallin and Justin today. Thanks Scooby Doo!

I had a dream last night that Demi Moore was giving me parenting advice. What??!

Holidays = awesome! Day after holidays = kids are extra naughty from too much sugar and over-doing it.

We just picked up our new pine dressers... Jon is outside staining them now!

I wonder if the carload of teenage boys that yelled at me this morning (while I was on my run/walk) would have yelled if they knew I was over 30, married with three kids.

Almost done making Sydney's Easter dress. :)

I have turned into a suspense junkie. Thank you Prision Break! (watch it on Netflix instant)

You know it's spring when...... you use the heater and a/c in the same day.

Carrie Snider updated her status.
Feed baby, scriptures, breakfast, walk/run, laundry, dishes, potty train, edit manuscript, email for church calling, do book publishing work... is it really only 11am?

Carrie Snider updated her status.
Thank you Katy O'Barr Smith for a wonderful meal! And to your husband and kids for entertainment. :)

Had a little retail therapy at Joann's today. :)

What does Mississippi mud have that other state muds don't have?

Carrie Snider updated her status.
Our heater is acting funny. Anyone know a good heating guy in the Yakima area?

Teresa Watkins Shea wrote on your timeline.
Thanks for the adult conversation today! It was nice to have someone to talk to other than the kids!

The kids watched Toy Story 3 with the vision impaired option on. Meaning someone is explaining every little thing they are doing! I wonder if they just read the screen play?

Last night on Castle: I KNEW it was the swim coach. But actually it wasn't. LOVE that show!

Just ordered two dressers from a guy who makes pine furniture. Can't wait until he is done! Now to decide... stain or paint. Hmmm.

The boys just told us that they were praying by themselves in their room. :)

Sydney has discovered her hands. In other news, all my kids are stuffed up and home from church.

Road Trip!!

Forgot how much I like listening to oldies... Lonely People by America is playing on Jon's Grooveshark.

I have lost 30 lbs since Sydney was born. I need to lose another 30, but I am in a rut!

After a 5-day road trip, Justin jumped out of the car and has been potty training himself. Let's hope this continues!

Listening to the prophet never gets old.

Hanging out in Vancouver....


3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love all the pictures.

Patty Kennington-Rooks said...

These are adorable pictures. It looks like you had a great time. You have a well-traveled family!

Betsy B. said...

The van at the cheese factory is new. I love it, I mean...I loaf it!