Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wacky Thyroid

I took Sydney in for her 2 month appointment on Monday; while I was there I told the doctor I had been feeling extra tired and dizzy. She said my thyroid looked inflamed, so she ordered a blood test.

Sure enough, I have postpartum thyroiditis.

Oh joy.

I was actually quite relieved. At least I actually have a reason for these weird symptoms! I was starting to think I was crazy (oddly enough, anxiousness and moodiness are symptoms too).

Meanwhile, I'm tired and have to rest a lot. Which is annoying. Oh well.

From what I have read online, my symptoms aren't as bad as others' so hopefully it will go away on its own.

1 comment:

Em and Russ said...

Hooray for wacky thyroids! Glad that there is a reason behind your crummy feeling-ness. I know how that feels. Good luck getting everything back on track.