Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Jon and Carrie Love Story, part 12

There was something in the air.

Little did I know, I was about to rid myself from "singlehood" for ... forever.

Monday night had ended, Jon and I had a date for Friday night, but this would be the week to end all weeks. Everywhere I turned, Jon would be there.

The next day, somehow Jon ended up grocery shopping with me. Whether I mentioned it or he invited himself-- we went together and had a blast. And we didn't even buy any pudding (see our official first date in Part 10). I mean, really? A blast just buying groceries? Could this be.... no. I dunno. I tried not to think about it. Jon was giddy. And I wasn't scared or trying to push him away.

Wednesday followed, and there was Jon again. It was my roommate's fiance's birthday, and we had been invited to hang out and eat cake at one of the relative's houses. Jon was there, I was there. He looked at me, I felt beautiful. Jon was giddy. And I wasn't scared.

Thursday night Jon ended up at my apartment. I am not sure if he randomly showed up, if I invited him-- the whole week was rather hazy, even at the time. Like I said, something was in the air. Something that was so unfamiliar to me. Something that was so.... nice. My roommate and her fiance hung out in the living room, and Jon and I were in my room (the door was open people!), just talking. Talking talking. We chatted so easily. I loved how he conversed with me, back and forth, really listening and giving thoughtful replies. He was so passionate about life, and he was soooo funny. What did we talk about? Who knows. But he was giddy. His hand mysteriously ended up in mine. And I didn't back away.

The next night would technically be our second date, but the first date of the rest of our lives. >>Continue to Part 13