I've been slowly working on the plot of land every summer, removing briers and all sorts of wooden, leftover things. It took days and days of digging and pulling and many trips to the dump. I even found some old Mt. St. Helen's ash!
Plot- 2007 - BEFORE


Plot - 2008 - DURING - the ground was a slope and hard to work with, and there were weird bushes growing wildy. Because of all the extra dirt, there was also no way to get into the side door, which was nailed shut with a piece of metal over it.

Plot - 2009 - AFTER (well, almost)! Over the past two weeks, I dug a huge trench on the side of the shed and removed the metal over the door. There is Dallin trying to open the side door and go inside. You can see a stone path there; some of the stones were already there, and some I added. I am still building a rock retaining wall to hold up the dirt next to the stone path.

Above the path is a more flattened area I have created (shovel full by shovel full) so we can put an arch, park bench, and some flowers & cute planty things to dress it up. Maybe I'll even build some sort of stairway. Obviously, we still need to take a load of limbs to the dump. But it's come a looooong way!

And now, onto the INSIDE of the scary shed.
SHED BEFORE. This picture is actually during, because I forgot to take one before I started working in there. But let me just say, it was dusty and nasty. I am glad I didn't find any skeletal remains or too many creepy crawly things. But I did find a plethora of spider egg sacks, which are now gone. There was some sort of weird flooring that had obviously seen better days. But luckily the cement underneath it was in great shape.

SHED AFTER! Doesn't it look awesome? There is the side door I talked about above. There were already some awesome shelves and plenty of space for gardneing equipment. I even painted an old hunk of wood (the green sign that says "potting shed"). Once the irrigation water is turned on we'll hose the whole thing out, but for now I'm very happy to have reclaimed our shed!

6 comments:
Wow you are amazing! I'll remimber to call you next time I need some manual labor done. Lol
Good work! Anytime you can make a shed un-scary is a good time.
Wow! Good job guys, that was a ton of hard work.
Man you are quite the woman! That is awesome. I bet Dallin was a huge help with all of that dirt. Your shed looks cute with your sign.
STORAGE!!!!
Hey, do you want my Texas license plate to mount on the wall of the shed for Dallin?
Post a Comment