Saturday, September 30, 2023

September 2023



My cup was filled to overflowing
I attended the ANWA writers conference this weekend in Mesa, AZ, and learned ALL the things, hugged amazing writer friends, helped out behind the scenes, and meet with an agent who requested to see my manuscript. I’m so grateful!




Dallin went to homecoming last weekend with a group of friends. Here are my two favorite pics



Lake Pleasant












Quoteable Sniders

Jon: *Hands me the fountain Diet Dr Pepper he picked up on the way home.*
Me: "Where is the straw?"
Jon: "You'll just have to drink it.... LIKE A PEASANT."
Me: ......................



The primary kids at church sang for the adults today. It's something they do every year and look forward to doing. They work all year to learn songs and present a program with talks and songs. This year's theme was the Savior.
As the pianist, I have the privilage of listening to them sing every week. Their sweet voices. Their love of music. Their passion for what the songs are truly about.
One of the songs was "I Feel My Savior's Love." Even though I've heard them sing it a million times, this phrase always gets me: "I offer Him my heart..." Because these kids truly do offer Jesus their hearts. Do I?
The final song they sang was the most powerful. "I Will Be What I Believe." Our congregation is a mixture of many ages, and we don't have a ton of kids. But the kids we do have come to primary every week already singing in the halls. They beg to sing "I Will Be What I Believe" all the time. In singing that song, they are professing their love of the Savior and that even though things in the world are hard, they will stand up for what's right.
I'm so grateful I get to be a part of it.



My sister: "I don't think you've developed ADHD, you're just in perimenopause."
Oh, well that's good, then.


Brynn: Cookie! Cookie!
Justin: Shut up!
Me: HEY
Justin: Please?
Lol

No comments: