October is prime hiking month. The weather is nearly perfect!
Tim, Jacob, Dallin, Andrew.
Rubios!
Sydney is learning the torturous life of a writer.
More hiking.
New shirt. My favorite band.
Peppa is all grown up. Brynn drew high heels.
Brynn likes to join me on walks... with or without shoes.
My brother helped Mom make this for her garden.
Outdoor dining.
I sold my mismatched booksehlves and got these white ones. Plus I got new curtains. I completely rearranged the office since we're in there so much. It looks way better!
After spending the entire school year so far virtual, the kids got to go in person!!! (Only hybrid for two weeks.... wahhh.)
Brynn 1st
Sydney 4th
Justin 7th
Dallin 9th
I took a quick trip to see my dear writer friend, Sierra, in Arkansas. We had a blast, and I finished editing my manuscript!
Looks like Halloween is coming.
Zombie girl.
Bat girl.
Serve yourself glow bracelets.
There weren't a ton of houses open for trick-or-treating, but the ones that were open were AWESOME. This guy had a spider on an RC car. LOL
Justin age 12 (gluten intolerant):
“I gave up on my dream of becoming a competitive eater since it involves lots of bread....
“Can I try wrestling?”
FYI he’s watching Nacho Libre
One of my kids’ biggest arguments today was whether or not chickens fart.
The guy who put my grocery order in my trunk said that I definitely should “mourn the loss of the six items that weren’t available.”
At the park
Me: Hey Brynn, let’s go home you have a Zoom call!
Brynn: *runs for the hills*
7th grade math is a lot of story problems where you figure for X, the price of cell phone plans. Which doesn’t make sense to me because Verizon has always told us what to pay them.
I had a profound realization early this morning (thanks to a migraine waking me up):
The Holy Ghost speaks to us individually. Which means the way I feel the Spirit is different from my own children.
When I’m working with my child (particularly when they need help) sometimes I feel the Spirit whisper in the way I’m used to feeling it, and it helps me know how to help them.
BUT .... now I’m noticing sometimes I feel the Spirit in the way MY CHILD feels it.
Like I’m let into their individual circle if you will. A team, but with new eyes.
I have to put my own feelings aside and really listen. It’s so different that at first I thought I wasn’t feeling the Spirit help me at all, and I was confused why this would be. But the Spirit IS there, just in a different way.
I don’t understand how some of my children’s brains work, but this spiritual insight is helping me see how God sees them. And that is an amazing blessing.
My Kindle Fire has been missing for nearly a year.
My husband just found it.... inside a puzzle box. Ooops.
Caseloads in (specific spots in) AZ are spiking again. Blarg.
My kids’ charter school is going back to virtual only learning for the time being.
I understand wanting to be safe. But this has been extremely hard on my oldest son’s mental health. He has been so angry and combative and depressed.
Hybrid has been AMAZING and I hope we can go back to it soon.
I don’t want ANYONE to die, from covid or otherwise.






















No comments:
Post a Comment