Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January 2018

Brynn's sweet Sunbeam class. 

 Building a snowman with our neighbor, Ashlin. 


 Love this kid. 


 I went with some friends to a cabin in Island Park for a writing retreat. It was MAGICAL!


 So much silliness, but I promise we all got a lot of writing done. 




Henry's Fork of the Snake River. 


Seriously, though.  


I have loved teaching a journalism class at my kids' charter school. The kids amaze me!


Quotable Sniders:

At the crack of dawn this morning Brynn says: MOM! We neeed to go to the beach! (She’s never been to a beach.)

My kids' charter school was on lockdown very briefly yesterday because of a suspicious person with a weapon several blocks away. The incident was contained quickly and it doesn't appear the person had any intention of going to the school at all.
Still... when you hear "lockdown" your mind starts to whirl. Parents and students alike.
My 9-year-old woke up this morning pretending to be sick. He clearly was not sick. "What's wrong buddy?" I asked.
"I'm afraid something bad will happen."
It makes my heart melt. We discussed it at length. "I'm sorry you guys have to deal with this. When I was a kid, we didn't have school shootings."
The bright spot to this is that the police and schools take this VERY seriously and have a plan and know what to do. It's just... hurts my heart that it happens so much to the point that we have a protocol for it.

My geriatric cat.... 
Sat on my face twice in the middle of the night, "talks" to me when I enter the room, and gets lost throughout the house. I think she's losing her sight.

No comments: