Thursday, November 30, 2017

November 2017

My cousin Katie's son was baptized, so we spent some time with them. We love visiting with Auntie Heidi!


Oh boy. lol

 Brynn has to pet ALL the dogs.


All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!


Some friends invited us to a birthday party at Kids Town. It's SO AWESOME!







Ummmm....

Brynn's baby.


For Thanksgiving break we went to Gma & Gpa K's and spent some time with the fam!


Vanessa and I did our shopping rounds to the awesome little crafty-thrifty stores. Oh my gosh I love this one! And Vanessa's gnomes are for sale here.


At the old farm in Ontario.


Some things never change. 



While some of the men went shooting, we took the kids to the park.


Dallin educated Isaac all about planes. 


Conrad has been taking flying lessons, so he took us to see where he flies.






Back at home, we got the kids their own little tree and we made ornaments. 


At the Christmas Relief Society dinner, each table was decorated by a different sister. Here is my table.



Quotable Sniders

Am I the only one whose kids burst into song every few minutes? No? Ok then. It's your fault Jon Snider!

I just got my refill of my migraine Rx. Except I may not even need them! I haven't had a migraine in over three weeks. It's a miracle! What has helped? Two things: an antidepressant to even out my hormones, and eliminating a long list of foods (via the blood test). I'm no longer sleeping half the day or feeling terrible all the time. I am so grateful. If you pray and plead (and beg) long enough, the answers will come.

Today Brynn ran stark naked out the door and down the sidewalk to find me (I was getting the mail).
*We've had SO MANY THINGS stuck in our toilets lately.
*My house is... trashed.
*The other day Justin ran into the living room with a purple tongue stuck in a water bottle.
*HOMEWORK.
*Sydney has to eat every few hours or she gets super whiny pants (low blood sugar).
*Dallin has ADHD and is a sassy pants middle schooler.
*I forget so many things.
Just keeping it real folks.

I hit a milestone just now. I am over 40k words into writing my novel. I didn't think I could do it, but you guys!!!
It all started back in 2010 with just an idea about a little girl who gets magical glasses. I really really love this character, and the story has developed in a way I never could have imagined.
I've written sporadically over the years, but then I decided THIS IS MY YEAR TO TYPE 'THE END.'
I joined a few critique groups that give me amazing feedback. I quit taking as many clients. Because I want to write for myself!
Now I am soooo close to being done with this first novel that I can almost taste it. It feels amazing.

Dallin giving the prayer last night: "Please bless mom at parent-teacher conferences..." LOL


No comments: