Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Europe Day 7



 Our hotel was ok, but in a weird area. If I were to go back to Paris, I would try to get a hotel as close to Notre Dame as possible. It was the cutest area! I really liked it. Of course, Notre Dame was impressive! I loved going through it. It's amazing they built it when they did. They have cool videos where they show the progression over the years.









Not far from Notre Dame is  Saint Chappell. Is is one of my favorite churches in Europe! It's quite amazing. It is hard to get a photo of the entire church, since it's right next to other buildings. 

Also, when you walk in, you have to go up this tiny spiral staircase to get up here... and then BAM! Wow! Wall-to-wall stained glass. And guess what? It tells the entire story of the Bible. Amazing.





Also close by was this crypt, or underground city. Mostly old bricks and stuff where people lived.













Walking around Paris.



Eiffel Tower... foggy day!







I was trying to take a selfie, and this French guy and his friends were walking by. He offered to take the photo.... and started running off with my camera! But he was just kidding. His friends were sort of upset with him... but we were all laughing!


We left Paris and went on the toll roads. Uggg! It was so windy. We finally got off to head to a chateau.  We went a little too far and saw a super cute little town. I love the little French houses.

 We found the turn off for Chateau Voux le Vicomte. I am so glad that we decided to stop here! It was impressive! It was a long but enjoyable self-guided tour. Offer great insight into what it would be like to live on such extensive grounds.



















The gardens were so beautiful!


 Next we went to Dijon for a quick stop and walk around. Such a cute town! One of the highlights of France.







We left Dijon and headed for Lyon, which had the most confusing route in and out, plus there was construction. By the time we finally checked into the hotel and tried to find a place to eat, it was super late. A lady at a bar/restaurant took pity on us and they made us steaks!



Continue to Europe Day 8>>>

No comments: