Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 2015

What a very busy month!!!



We got the most out of the last bits of watermelon before winter.


We grew our own pumpkins this year! So here we are harvesting. We each got a good sized one. They sort of took over the yard.

Brynn likes doing this. *sigh*

 My parents came to visit! They are so much fun. They also visited their mission friends who live close (they got back from their mission to Chile in January).


We went geocaching!




Jon's boss gave us tickets to Bear World! It was really really cool. Super fun for kids. You get right up close to the bears (in your car), then meet other animals and go on rides.





The boys finished soccer.


And of course, Halloween. We have Dallin as yoda, Justin as a zombie, Sydney as Elsa, and Brynn as a Minion.


Trick or treating at the neighbor's house.



Quotable Sniders

 Dallin dressed up as yoda: "Akk, there is a zombie in the house!" *light saber attack on the zombie's head*
Justin dressed up as a zombie: "Brains.... brains......"

Jon Snider is on his way home! Thanks for working hard in Boise, honey!

On a call with a client: "You can probably edit this manuscript in your sleep." ‪#‎flattery‬

At the library, all done checking out books.... then your 7-year-old Justin brings one last Magic Tree House book! But you are already loading up. So you say, "No, put it back." Then he cries that cry -- that tells your soul I HAVE to read that book! So you give in and the librarian smiles because she understands, too. ‪#‎BookNerds‬

Never ever ever ever ever ever let your son check a joke book out of the library. Trust me on this one. ‪#‎KnockKnock‬

When Jon Snider goes on a work trip, I turn into Lazy Cook. But the kids were excited for Trail Mix Lunch. Have fun honey!

Nothing like being on a Skype call with a client and having your child run in -- "Justin's thumb is bleeding!!!" He's fine, and the client laughed. ‪#‎FreelanceLife‬ ‪#‎MomLife‬

Since I'm up anyway.... I'm working on writing a book called The Strong-Willed 17-Month-Old Who Thinks Sleeping is for Sissies

Justin wrote a letter to Santa. He wants the OverBorg Attack lego set, the biggest blanket ever, and a lego set.

Mourning the loss of Brynn's morning nap. Wahh!

Fall soccer 2015 season was a blast!!

It's all going to be ok... my mom is coming today!!!! (And my dad too!)

Getting my boys ready and off to school is like herding cattle onto a trailer... in an open field. ‪#‎FarmGirl‬

If you see me tomorrow, that's just my Rolos hangover talking. ‪#‎MyKidsFault‬

For "walk to school day" yesterday, Justin whipped out his book and was reading while walking. The other kids said he does it all the time. ‪#‎ProudBookWormMom‬

Prayers and talking to people with your genetics work! Amazingly, my week-long mystery pain is 99% gone.... it seems to have been a Muscular issue, of all things. From this day on, I promise to be good about stretching after running, and walking like a debutante, and not do lots of editing and writing at my laptop hunched over on our couch, and signing up for a yoga class. For the love of....*duh*

I've had mystery pains for almost a week. I went to the Medi Clinic on Saturday and they were worried it was an enlarged aorta. So they sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound. Thankfully the tech said my aorta was "beautiful" and so was my gall bladder and kidney. They tested my blood and urine for obvious things as well. Nothing popped out. So now I'm on a bland diet to see if it helps. What's wrong? They aren't sure. Doc thinks most likely gastro intestinal, given my history with food intolerances. In the meantime, I love good jokes......

Because this is a fun topic..... if you have ever had gastro intestinal issues, can you send me a PM? Yay party!

Justin: Mom, how far away is Florida by car?
Me: I don't know, a few days. Why?
Justin: I want to see lots of crocodiles!

"No, I've come this far, Sondra. I'm going to finish this!" --Moms' Night Out

Hoodie weather!



No comments: