Saturday, February 28, 2015

February 2015




 Pinewood Derby! Dallin and Jon worked really hard on his car. It did pretty well!







We bought a baby gate and put it up. It's quite handy since our dear Brynn is all over the place. She can even pull herself up to stand now! She wishes she was outside with her brothers and sister.


 
Quotable Sniders

Dallin and Justin: "We had to close our eyes during the commercials that had girl stuff like Barbies. It burns our eyes."

At 9am almost every single day, Sydney: "Mom can I have lunch now????"

"Here, mom, we made you a book!" My kids wait with anticipation as I try to read the book they made.... but the pages are glued together! They giggle hysterically. The cruelest thing they can do to a reader/writer/editor like me! But I'm pretty proud of their trickery.

The doctor confirmed what we already knew -- Dallin has mild ADHD. I explained to Dallin how getting lots of sleep and exercising will help him be calmer at school. So what does he do? Goes up to the principal and says: "Can we have more recesses so I can get more exercise so I don't interrupt so much?" Haha.

FYI we changed the name of Muddy Buddies to Muddy Justins. Since he is muddy all the time and eats most of the Muddy Justins.

Dallin requested some light reading for bed tonight -- a list of the dates all the states joined the union. That would put me to sleep too.

"Hey mom, how do you spell 'destroyer'?"

For Valentine's I got 13 roses... 12 real ones from Jon and 1 fake one from one of the Cub Scouts I help teach. I'm so lucky.

Thank you Carrie Snider for going to lunch today. I have a new favorite soup and sandwich shop! --Trisha Hall (talking about Great Harvest)

DVR is set!! Totally having Dateline "date-night" this weekend!. --Brandi Butterworth

When it's 53 degrees and sunny (in February!)... your whole family puts on shorts and goes on a walk. And so do all your neighbors!

My kids love playing "library" .... my work here is done.

I keep telling Jon Snider that he should have his own show -- The Singing Cook. Would you watch a show like that? I sure would make cooking exciting.

No comments: