Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 2013

Happy Birthday Jon! Well, not really this year. Jon had been sick for over a week, and finally around 4am on his birthday I took him to the ER. He could barely breathe.

Turns out, he had a bad, bad case of pneumonia. He ended up in the hospital for EIGHT DAYS.

It was hard on me and the kids, especially Justin who wasn't sure how to react. I had a chat with him about it, and he finally snapped out of it and drew a picture of daddy in his hospital bed.




 Besides that, here is what else we did in March 2013:


Sydney is playing "mommy" on my bed.


Took the kids to Chesterly Park. 


Daddy is coloring with the kids for St. Patrick's Day.


Happy Easter! We made rice crispie treat bird nests and put jelly beans in them.



Quotable Sniders


"He is not here: for he is risen." - Matt. 28:6

Sydney had a fistful of pennies, so I took them away from her. While she was crying, Jon Snider said, "Get used to it... you'll be crying about money for a long time." lol

Got something in the mail from our health insurance company.... guess how much it cost for Jon to be in the hospital for 8 days? I am so, so, so thankful for very good medical insurance.

For the first time in two weeks, I am done editing manuscripts before midnight. Maybe I won't wake up with an editing hangover tomorrow or have dreams about alternate endings.

Two little lost doggies going up and down our hill all morning.... suddenly disappear when animal control gets here. That's the law of nature, folks.

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ." - 1 Peter 1:7. Great lesson in Relief Society today!

Five solid minutes, and many sprays of WD-40 later... the very frustrated oil change guy got our van's hood closed. :)

My kids are waaaaay too excited to eat the same exact breakfast every single day.

My kids are hooked on Oscar's Oasis (show on Netflix), about an unlucky lizard in the desert. There are no words in the whole show, just lots of theme songs... I always know when Oscar's in trouble or when he sees the lovely girl lizard.

Dallin is playing Uno against himself. It is quite hilarious. He keeps saying, "Yes!"

What is your favorite kind of rice, and where do you buy it?

LaToya!!! WHY???

My ancestors are British, so don't kiss me. :)

Dallin is convinced that Leprechauns are real. Cause his friend at school "saw" one.

Pineapple, apple, carrot & kale for breakfast.... from my juicer. Yummy! (Couldn't taste the carrot or kale.)

Caught between where I want an author's manuscript to go and the author's ability to revise it.

I gained 7 lbs last week while Jon was in the hospital... thankfully I'm on the way back down. Sheesh.

Sydney (age 2) seems to think that if she says "Plllleaaaaaasssse" loud enough, long enough, and 100x times in a row, then we should do what she says.

Sydney is sly toddler .... she pretended to be interested in a toy so that another kid would instantly want it.... meanwhile Sydney ran over and grabbed the toy that kid had been playing with!!! Bait and switch! Sneaky! Should I be proud or scared?

Jon Snider is home! Jon is home!!!! I can't even begin to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, food, visits, talks, babysitting.... wow, we feel very loved and blessed.

Jon Snider is still on oxygen this morning. Please send your thoughts and prayers his way so he can come home!!!

Jon Snider update -- back on oxygen, staying one more night at the hospital. Party in room 459 at Regional. Call ahead for reservations. :)

Jon Snider is off of oxygen!!! He gets to go home TODAY!!

I love getting 4am texts from Jon Snider telling me they've dropped his oxygen again! He's getting better!

They grew out Jon Snider's lovely spittle and figured out the specific strain of pneumonia he has... and now he's on an anti-biotic specifically for that strain. This now concludes your medical training for today!

I am out of Cadbury mini eggs. What am I supposed to eat for breakfast??? :)

The boys were feeling left out so they both got ear infections. Yay-ness!

Jon Snider has been on oxygen since he was admitted to the hospital on Saturday (pneumonia). Today they lowered his oxygen twice! This is good news!

Jon Snider is still in the hospital. Thank you all so much for your prayers and calls/visits. He loves visitors! He's at Regional, room 459.

Jon Snider will be in the hospital for at least another night. Things aren't ideal, but pneumonia can take time to get over. He had a great family visit this morning -- we loved seeing you! If you want to visit, it's no longer necessary to wear a mask. Though he won't be offended if you don't want a hug. :)

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. Jon Snider seems to be doing a little better this evening. We'll know tomorrow if the antibiotics are working. Pneumonia stinks!

Looks like my dear husband Jon Snider has pneumonia. He'll be at Regional overnight. By the way, it's his birthday.

Happy happy birthday Jon dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had one wish then it would be, that you won't be stuck in the bathroom all day.

A new broadway musical -- The Coughing Chorus.... starring the sick Snider bunch!

No comments: