Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Obituary - Richard Kennington's daughter

I've been learning more about my ancestors Richard Kennington and his family, who came over from England. I was very excited that Jon's mom found one of his daughter's obituaries (Sarah Jane Kennington Adamson).

This is from the Deseret News Mar 5 1898. I have the entire page in PDF format if anyone wants a digital copy--I can email it to you. Or you can find it on this website: http://digitalnewspapers.org. The image below is actually two portions of the page put together in photoshop.

It talks about coming over from England, and then pulling handcarts!

The other thing this mentions is her mother, Mary Kennington, who was living in Georgetown, Bear Lake, Idaho, at the time. She must have moved there sometime after Richard died, to live with another daughter.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome you were able to find out more information about your family. They're lucky to have you to help carry on their name and heritage. :)