Announcing the birth of:
Dallin Luis Snider
Feb. 1, 2006
9:59pm
Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital
20 1/2 inches
5 lbs 11 oz
It should have been more scary than it was. After all, I was only 34 1/2 weeks along. But I felt calm and peaceful. Jon gave me a blessing. They hooked me up to monitors and my doctor started the cervix softening process. The next morning, the started pitocin. I was also on magnesium to keep me from having seizures.
I rested for a long time until my doctor broke my water around 5 or 6pm. Then contractions really started. Finally it came time to push and it didn't take long for Dallin to be born! I got to hold him only for a minute before they checked him and whisked him off to the NICU. He was on a ventilator for 12 hours.
In total he spent 10 days in the NICU. During this time my Grandma also died. I should have been pretty depressed, but I wasn't. Jon and our friends and family were so supportive. I felt so happy. Dallin had trouble eating, but with time we figured it out. Dallin had trouble keeping his own body temperature, but eventually it evened out. He also spent several days under the lights for jaundice.
We were so glad to bring him home!!









No comments:
Post a Comment